Valued Member
Dhager

Not sure what to make of this

I pulled my TU report today saw something funny.  Dell closed my preferred account in March.  I had not used the account for about 6 months.  When I pulled my TU report from truecredit it said my credit limit had increased from 4000 to 4600.  I am not really sure what to make of this because the account is closed.  I can not call dell because the utilization still shows up on my fico as having a 4000 dollar limit so I will never pay this sucker off so the utilization can keep reporting so that one day I can get some big boy cards hopefully in the next year or so.  But anyway I have never heard of a company increasing the credit limit on a closed card that just makes no sense.

Starting Score: TU-636 EQ-641
Current Score: TU-648 EQ-693
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}