Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not sure where to post this - PayPal Credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure where to post this - PayPal Credit

Does anyone know how often they update their 'softpull' for purposes of approving over existing amount?  I attempted to use my Pay Pal credit a few days ago (haven't used it in forever) for just a little over my approval amount and it was declined.  When I got the letter, it was showing my score from 10/1/2015.... Thanks!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: Not sure where to post this - PayPal Credit

No one knows for certain, but it's generally quarterly.

Methinks that you just missed it. 

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tcbofade wrote:

Thanks!  Yes, looks like I may have... I really only used it, as opposed to another method, in the hopes of triggering an increase - since I've used it so little that it is stil a lower limit.  I was just shocked to see it at 10/1... Oh well... I've made my purchase and moved on ... just thought I'd ask. 

thanks!!

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought after 31 days they would pull another report, SP that is.  I had that problem with Macys Amex, they kept using the an old rpt, so I waited 45 days (put in on my calender) and while it was a HP, they did pull a current bureau and I got the CLi.  My score had gone up substantially and I got the increase I was seeking.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure. I know they do SP CLIs. I got one around the holidays.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@tcbofade wrote:

Thanks!  Yes, looks like I may have... I really only used it, as opposed to another method, in the hopes of triggering an increase - since I've used it so little that it is stil a lower limit.  I was just shocked to see it at 10/1... Oh well... I've made my purchase and moved on ... just thought I'd ask. 

thanks!!

I would try again after they do another SP. Like you, I didn't have much use for the account after my initial purchase, but I wanted to increase my CL. I didn't need to make another purchase so I sent money to a trusted friend over my limit and got my increase that way. Best of luck!Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:
I'm not sure. I know they do SP CLIs. I got one around the holidays.

I've had this line of credit for 2 years and have never gotten an unsolicted (i.e. without me trying to go over my approved amount) bump... but, maybe I will at some point Smiley Happy  Either way, I'm not sweating it... 

Message 7 of 9
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone know how often they update their 'softpull' for purposes of approving over existing amount?

Keep in mind that how often they do and what you qualify for are two entriely different things.  I've only received a few increases and I've had my PPC account for many years.  It was opened back when it was Bill Me Later and shortly after they introduced it.  If you didn't qualify for a CLI when making a purchase then be careful expecting a CLI during the next round of evaluations.  Limits are based on credit profile with any creditor.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@takeshi74 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone know how often they update their 'softpull' for purposes of approving over existing amount?

Keep in mind that how often they do and what you qualify for are two entriely different things.  I've only received a few increases and I've had my PPC account for many years.  It was opened back when it was Bill Me Later and shortly after they introduced it.  If you didn't qualify for a CLI when making a purchase then be careful expecting a CLI during the next round of evaluations.  Limits are based on credit profile with any creditor.

Understood, completely!  I was asking, solely, about the update timeline - just b/c it was 10/1/2015 ... I understand, absolutely, that an increase would be determined by my credit worthiness... 

Edited to add:  The only reason to even mention the decline is b/c that is the only way that I knew how out of date the SP was for them.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.