Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noticed something abou BOA Amerideals

tag
YahComb
Established Contributor

Noticed something abou BOA Amerideals

so just the other day i was looking at my credit union checking account, which i hardly use anymore, but i keep a few hundred-1K or so in there. It has a debit card linked that has offers that let you get scorepoints(well it used to be scorepoints, now it is cash rewards). While going through it, i saw it was the EXACT SAME DEALS that show up in my Bank Amerideals on my credit card.

Not exactly unexpected that this is an outsourced program. Also goes to show that it is mostly location based and not so much to do with how you spend individually-i think that is one of the things that is touted-that you get offers based on the types of places you spend at. ehh

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
nois
Regular Contributor

Re: Noticed something abou BOA Amerideals

@YahComb wrote:

Also goes to show that it is mostly location based and not so much to do with how you spend individually-i think that is one of the things that is touted-that you get offers based on the types of places you spend at. ehh

IMO, I think it is more tied to the types of places you spend perhaps in addition to location - I have the "BankAmericard  power rewards platinum plus" card but have not used it for a long time. When I look to see what "deals" are available for my account, it says "You currently have no available deals." I think there are no deals because I have not used the card - and that the program looks at purchase trends to offer targeted deals. There is some verbiage on their website that implies this.

FEB 2014 EQ: 798 EX: 780 TU: 798
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.