Did you mean: 

Nov 26, Small Business Saturday

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Nov 26, Small Business Saturday

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just a friendly reminder to those of you who pre-registered for the $25 AMEX credit!  Remember to shop at a local small business this Saturday.  The rules say that you must spend at least $25, but I've heard of people spending less and still getting the credit.

Edit:  Sorry, should have included a link the first time.

https://sync.americanexpress.com/sbs2011

ptr2593, THANK YOU for posting this thread!!

I didn't even know about this program...

Half-a-dozen small businesses on the list for my area are ones I frequently spend in anyways, so this is like found money to me.

Nice job!!

Glad to help!!

Bumping this thread (This deal is available TOMORROW ONLY!!!!!)

In regard to the AU questions, I think I read somewhere that you can get 1 credit per account, not per card (I should've been more specific in my earlier post).

Message 21 of 63
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@stan_the_man wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

For those of you who didn't already know, you can register multiple cards (if you have more than 1 AMEX) and get a statement credit on each one.  It's one credit per card, not one time per individual/household!

I did it with several cards last year. Now DW and I have 9 registered this year.

If you go to this page and click the "+" (plus sign) next to "See where you can shop to earn your $25 statement credit", you can do a search of businesses that will qualify for the credit:

http://www.facebook.com/SmallBusinessSaturday?sk=app_183558821725512

No Facebook account required.

I registered my card some time ago, but I am unable to find where you can plug in your zip code to see which community businesses are participating. I know I have seen a link for this in the past...but now the page is mostly blank and doesn't have a place to enter your zip code. Anyone else having the same problem?

Message 22 of 63
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

LynetteM, I just tried that myself, with the same result. But it worked well yesterday.

IMO, if you are used to using your AMEX at a local small business, it's probably on that list.  But chain stores or major nationwide retailers won't count.  Just the Mom & Pop stores.

Several businesses I frequent anyways were on the list, each of them an M&P shop.  If you frequent these types of stores in your area, and they take AMEX for payments, I believe you're good to go.

Hope this helps!  Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 63
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

I've been searching for the zip code search function as well, and can't find it either.  Several people are commenting on the FB page that they also can't find it.

ETA: just a minute ago, this appeared in the comments section of the "Today's the day - Small Business Saturday" thread on the FB page:  "Hi Everyone, we are having a few technical difficulties with the tab where you can find busineses in your area. Stay tuned, we hope to have it fixed as soon as possible!"

Message 24 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

if its true that not every small business that accepts amex is participating in this, the fact that you cant look anything up on the website is pretty pathetic

Message 25 of 63
jason86423
Frequent Contributor

Try this

www.shopsmallnow.com

It looks like it is formatted for a mobile phone but it lists small businesses

Message 26 of 63
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Per the link to the AmEx site, the maximum number have registered, and the offer is closed.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 27 of 63
smallfry
Senior Contributor

I used my card at the local supermarket not a Mom and Pop and I got credit for a small biz purchase. Not sure if it will work this year though.

Message 28 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bump, today is the only day this is available!

I got this email immediately after the restaurant I used my AMEX at swiped the card.

Dear: ptr2593

Congratulations, you completed all qualifying transactions on your Card
ending in XXXXX. Expect a statement credit in 3-5 days.

Thank you for supporting Small Business Saturday®!

Small businesses are the heartbeat of our communities and supporting
them is a great way to help fuel the local economy. "Like" Small
Business Saturday on Facebook to stay informed about the Shop SmallSM
movement. 

To unlock more great savings, check out www.sync.americanexpress.com and
discover exclusive offers in your favorite social networks. 

Message 29 of 63
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Same here ~ I bought $35 of gas to fill up my car tonite at a small biz gas station, I received the email with minutes of driving away. Nice !!
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 30 of 63
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.