cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now Most Citicards have EMV Chips!!!!

Super Contributor

Now Most Citicards have EMV Chips!!!!

Most Citicards now have EMV chips and I just ordered a replacement for my Citi Thankyou Preferred Card. Smiley Happy

 

 

Citi® Credit Cards 1.jpg

16 REPLIES
Frequent Contributor

Re: Now Most Citicards have EMV Chips!!!!

People should note that if you have Citi PhotoCard you have to pick between having an EMV chip and having a photo on your card, you can't have both. Since I don't travel outside of the United States the EMV chip isn't worth it just yet for me to have.

 

Scores: EX - 769 (Amex FICO 5/21/16) TU - 763 (Discover FICO - 4/30/16), EQ - 795 (Citi FICO - 5/24/16)
Current Cards: Amex BCE - 10k, NFCU cashRewards Sig - 8k, Discover It - 10k, Citi Dividend WE - 8k, Chase Freedom - 4k, Chase Amazon Visa Sig - 4k
Last App: 3/4/2016.
Valued Contributor

Re: Now Most Citicards have EMV Chips!!!!


Ron1 wrote:

Most Citicards now have EMV chips and I just ordered a replacement for my Citi Thankyou Preferred Card. Smiley Happy

 

 

Citi® Credit Cards 1.jpg


Thanks for the info! I am ordering mines right now LOL


Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Super Contributor

Re: Now Most Citicards have EMV Chips!!!!

I have it on my Citi Dividend Elite MC and now they started putting on other Citicards. By the way, you cannot have PayPass and EMV Chip on one card.  

 

 

Ron.

Established Contributor

Re: Now Most Citicards have EMV Chips!!!!

It isn't available for my Citi AAdvantage AMEX Woman Sad


NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014






Super Contributor

Re: Now Most Citicards have EMV Chips!!!!

Sorry. No Amex. They don't have it yet. I think Amex Platinum Cards or the Centurion Cards have EMV chip. You might want to call them to request one.I think it's only for Visa/MC. 

 

 

Ron.

Established Contributor

Re: Now Most Citicards have EMV Chips!!!!


Ron1 wrote:

Sorry. No Amex. They don't have it yet. I think Amex Platinum Cards or the Centurion Cards have EMV chip. You might want to call them to request one.I think it's only for Visa/MC. 

 

 

Ron.


Yes it is on the Platinum AMEX.  AMEX is delivering my new Platinum card with it tomorrow.


NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014






Contributor

Re: Now Most Citicards have EMV Chips!!!!

Noticed this the other day on my Dividend Platinum Select Visa. Didn't go for it as they're sending new cards in ~5 weeks when they PC me to the Dividend World Elite. Then I will definitely request the EMV for the cool silver Mastercard logo!Smiley Happy

US Bank Cash+ -- Chase Freedom -- Citi Dividend -- Citi Double Cash -- AMEX BCE -- Discover It
Super Contributor

Re: Now Most Citicards have EMV Chips!!!!


LesWH wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

Sorry. No Amex. They don't have it yet. I think Amex Platinum Cards or the Centurion Cards have EMV chip. You might want to call them to request one.I think it's only for Visa/MC. 

 

 

Ron.


Yes it is on the Platinum AMEX.  AMEX is delivering my new Platinum card with it tomorrow.


I don't have it on my Amex PR Gold. Smiley Sad

 

 

Ron.

Highlighted
Established Contributor

Re: Now Most Citicards have EMV Chips!!!!


LesWH wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

Sorry. No Amex. They don't have it yet. I think Amex Platinum Cards or the Centurion Cards have EMV chip. You might want to call them to request one.I think it's only for Visa/MC. 

 

 

Ron.


Yes it is on the Platinum AMEX.  AMEX is delivering my new Platinum card with it tomorrow.


I am sorry for the dumb question...

 

what does the EMV chip do for you ??