Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now United Plus 50K offer

tag
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

Now United Plus 50K offer

Yesterday it was the Marriot today I just saw on Chase's website that the offer is now 50k for 2k in 3 months on the United Mileage Plus card.  Yesterday's Marriot didn't interest me but this one might get me out the garden.

And they are also letting you know when this offer will expire which they usually don't.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Now United Plus 50K offer

@ezdoesit wrote:

Yesterday it was the Marriot today I just saw on Chase's website that the offer is now 50k for 2k in 3 months on the United Mileage Plus card.  Yesterday's Marriot didn't interest me but this one might get me out the garden.

And they are also letting you know when this offer will expire which they usually don't.

are you planning on using the 50k UA points right away? I am slightly intrigued but not sure i would use points on UA. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 2 of 7
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@ezdoesit wrote:

are you planning on using the 50k UA points right away? I am slightly intrigued but not sure i would use points on UA. 

I probably wouldn't use them til early next year when I plan on going with the family to Ireland.

I know you are waiting for the 50k offer but for the PRG.  Fingers crossed for you.

Message 3 of 7
gnarlycow
Valued Member

Thx for sharing. If you decide to apply, you can get $50 statement credit after 1st purchse in addition to 50k miles after $2k spending. Just search for a flight with your UA account logged in, and you'll see the 50k miles + $50 credit offer banner.

Message 4 of 7
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@ezdoesit wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@ezdoesit wrote:

I probably wouldn't use them til early next year when I plan on going with the family to Ireland.

I know you are waiting for the 50k offer but for the PRG.  Fingers crossed for you.

I am trying to be as patient as possible i am tempted to do an citi aa 50k app or barclays arrival + but i probably will wait it out till end of the year. UA could be good for you and  buy tickets with aer lingus, ua partner. Good luck :-)

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 5 of 7
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

I am so tempted to apply hahaha. 

Here is the link with the $50 statement credit and 50K UA miles:

https://www.theexplorercard.com/50k50AFWICLTO?cell=KRC

Message 6 of 7
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@ezdoesit wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@ezdoesit wrote:

I am trying to be as patient as possible i am tempted to do an citi aa 50k app or barclays arrival + but i probably will wait it out till end of the year. UA could be good for you and  buy tickets with aer lingus, ua partner. Good luck :-)

From the post I wrote the other day about getting 2 cents per mile I realized that I have a lot of choices now especially since Aerlingus takes Avios points and both MR and UR transfers to Avios.  I might travel to Boston even though it is 3.5hrs away and because it is so much cheaper.  Business class for four 200k points from Boston opposed to 320k from JFK.  Huge difference I am glad someone wrote how much cheaper it is.  Plus business class is 16k for 4 tickets on Aerlingus. 
In 2015 Aerlingus is rolling out their new business which has been pretty lacking IMO after their makeover hopefully they equal if not pass a lot of carriers.
50k AA is nice but that AF is what makes it hard for me to app for that card.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.