lydiadietz

Now What? Need advice on next step

So after a recent kerfaffle with Chase (they required a copy of my SS card, I couldn't get one in time. Mine was lost) I decided to app for something else. Since my AAOA is 1yr 6Mo and my current cards are Credit One $300 and Household Bank $750 I didn't want to get too cocky so I applied for the Ebay Mastercard. I figured I like Ebay a whole lot and if denied I'd at least get the paypal credit, well, I got approved for $2500!!! My question now is: should I apply for something like a Capital One card and dump Credit One? I really hate the monthly fee and the $7.95 to pay online, or do I suck it up for another year or so until I can qualify for something better? I'm afraid the bigger lenders won't take me seriously as a current Credit One holder. Opinions?
lydiadietz

Re: Now What? Need advice on next step

PS- I forgot to mention that my FICO's are mid-700's and I have 1 inq EX and 1 TU.
Frequent Contributor
FicoScore626

[ Edited ]

lydiadietz wrote:
So after a recent kerfaffle with Chase (they required a copy of my SS card, I couldn't get one in time. Mine was lost) I decided to app for something else. Since my AAOA is 1yr 6Mo and my current cards are Credit One $300 and Household Bank $750 I didn't want to get too cocky so I applied for the Ebay Mastercard. I figured I like Ebay a whole lot and if denied I'd at least get the paypal credit, well, I got approved for $2500!!! My question now is: should I apply for something like a Capital One card and dump Credit One? I really hate the monthly fee and the $7.95 to pay online, or do I suck it up for another year or so until I can qualify for something better? I'm afraid the bigger lenders won't take me seriously as a current Credit One holder. Opinions?

If you have a bank account you can probably submit an online payment to Credit One through your bank for free. At least it worked with the vultures at First Premier and their equally digusting fee to pay online.

Congratulations on the Ebay mastercard. :smileyhappy:

Established Contributor
jefftca925

If it was me I'd dump Credit One in a heartbeat.  I think the fees these vultures charge are criminal to say the least.  You've gotten a better card and it will grow with you.  And not drain you of your hard earned money.  The closed account should stay on your CR for another ten years and should help your AAoA for that long.  Just make sure it's PIF when closing so not to impact your utilization.  Good luck and CONGRATS!!

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 6.9k, CSP VISA Sg 7k, BofA Amex 12.5k, Discover 10.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 12.5k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Amex Zync, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 17k, Amex BCP 9.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 4k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase United VS 13k, Chase Marriott VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 5k, Compass Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 13.3k, Capital One QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 13.5k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Barclay Arrival 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 9k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 17k
Senior Contributor
Wolf3

lydiadietz wrote:
...: should I apply for something like a Capital One card and dump Credit One?...
 Yes

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

I would apply for Capital One and close Credit One.

Keep in mind your now in with GE, so any store cards you want, you will probably get decent limits too. Dillards, Walmart, Sams, Chevron, Gap, etc.

Fico Scores: EQ- 626 Overstck., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
66 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

With those kind of scores, you should also check into Alliant, Nationwide, and PenFed. You can qualify for PenFed by joining the American Red Cross or the National Military Family Association. (You don't have to be in the military.)

If you're interested in PenFed, app there first. They don't like seeing lotsa inqs. They pull Equifax.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}