Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now its time for the 3X AMEX...

tag
DavidZeng
Regular Contributor

Re: 6 hours to the 3X AMEX...

I have been pulling my EX several times a day by doing thisSmiley Sad I just checked, AMEX did not pull me today.

TU fixed this loop hole by ONLY let you " try to dispute" 4 times, it prevented my fifth attempt!

@kroberts67 wrote:

To see SP's on EX the way I understand it:

You need to obtain the report directly from EX.  Whether it be a purchased report, or free due to adverse or diputes, you will need that report#.  If you've been denied you can get a copy.  If you have the report #, you can go to their site and click on "View my report". 

The way I understand it (I'm still in research mode because I'm within 90 days):
As long as it's been under 90 days you can view the same report number;  however, the SP's, HP's, balances and all info will be fresh each time you view.

Each time you log in to view, it will refresh the report date and thus start the 90 days over.  Some guy was saying he had been doing this for a year with the same orig report.

Message 21 of 46
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

It's time! No report yet david?

Message 22 of 46
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@DavidZeng wrote:

@H4LO wrote:

@DavidZeng wrote:

Smiley Sad

Denied?

Not yet, but feeling like a deny is waiting for me...

Don't give up yet! Good luck 

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 23 of 46
madmann26
Valued Contributor

David...

Breathe.

I had a few cards reporting a balance and my Amex had a $1.2k balance (2k limit) and my CLI was approved.

I've also been running about $2.4k through the card since December.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 24 of 46
DavidZeng
Regular Contributor

Re: Now its time for the 3X AMEX...

Need some breakfast then I will try it out! Have a nice day guys!

Message 25 of 46
madmann26
Valued Contributor

That's the spirit!!!

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 26 of 46
DavidZeng
Regular Contributor

Just got a phone call from MA, said I got pre approved for a DCU credit card. But it will give me another hard pull. I think I just declined it.

Message 27 of 46
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

I wouldn't worry to much about the 3X, they usually use an old SP anyways. And if my usage pattern is anything to go by, it really doesn't take all that much spending to get a good limit from American Express.

You can see exactly what happened to my limits, including exact amount of monthly spend, on this post:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/American-Express-increase-of-initial-credit-limit/m-p/2...

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 28 of 46
madmann26
Valued Contributor

David

My Firestone store card was over 50% until and I was still able to get my 3x CLI. Good luck and let us know!

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 29 of 46
DavidZeng
Regular Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

I wouldn't worry to much about the 3X, they usually use an old SP anyways. And if my usage pattern is anything to go by, it really doesn't take all that much spending to get a good limit from American Express.

You can see exactly what happened to my limits, including exact amount of monthly spend, on this post:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/American-Express-increase-of-initial-credit-limit/m-p/2...

Thank you for sharing. my BCP runs about 500 per month. But the last time Amex sp me, the SPG was almost maxed out, but it was not on the report. Now SPG has 200 balance but was generated in this cycle, I always pay in full. Should I pay the SPG to zero now?

Message 30 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.