Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now signup bonus with US Bank Cash+ card

tag
uswala
Senior Contributor

Now signup bonus with US Bank Cash+ card

I do not know if this has been posted before but I saw today that US Bank is offering $100 Cash Back with US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature Credit Card w/ $500 Spent in First 3 Months:

https://www.usbank.com/splash/credit-cards/cash-plus/aff/index.html?PID=1225267

Message 1 of 67
66 REPLIES 66
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

Re: Now signup bonus with US Bank Cash+ card

They must be hurting for customers.  Smiley Very Happy

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 2 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

Not surprising Smiley LOL

Message 3 of 67
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

The continual Cash Plus hate is surprising to me.   When Chase (or any other lender) increases the sign up, that's considered a great opportunity, not a sign that the issuer must be desperate.

So as part of my "Cash Plus is sort of OK" grass roots movement (membership almost 2):

1) Given: Cash + isn't as good as it used to be

a) but that's because it used to be very very very good, perhaps the best card out there for generating cash back

b) evaluate it now, not against what it used to be

2) For some, fixed selectable categories are going to be more valuable than rotating categories chosen by the issuer

3) Yes, they don't have restuarants, neither does Freedom or Discoer most of the year, or the much loved Sallie Mae for example.

4) It has $2K a quarter cap, better than $1,500 of Discover (or Freedom in cash back mode)

I encourage people to look at it and see (as a non-AF) if it can provide added value for one-off or infrequent purchases in various categories.  Because you can select, you can choose electronics when you are planning to buy a computer, bookstores when you need to spend more at Amazon etc.

Message 4 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

It looks like in addition to adding the signup bonus, they've also added back online application. The Cash+ used to be branch or phone only.

Message 5 of 67
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Its a shame because they've made it available online and given it a bigger bonus AFTER removing many (but not all) of the more broadly useful categories. I don't think its a bad card, but its nothing I care about getting at this point. For some, it can still be useful with the remaining categories.
Message 6 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

The continual Cash Plus hate is surprising to me.   When Chase (or any other lender) increases the sign up, that's considered a great opportunity, not a sign that the issuer must be desperate.

So as part of my "Cash Plus is sort of OK" grass roots movement (membership almost 2):

a) but that's because it used to be very very very good, perhaps the best card out there for generating cash back

2) For some, fixed selectable categories are going to be more valuable than rotating categories chosen by the issuer

3) Yes, they don't have restuarants, neither does Freedom or Discoer most of the year, or the much loved Sallie Mae for example.

4) It has $2K a quarter cap, better than $1,500 of Discover (or Freedom in cash back mode)

I encourage people to look at it and see (as a non-AF) if it can provide added value for one-off or infrequent purchases in various categories.  Because you can select, you can choose electronics when you are planning to buy a computer, bookstores when you need to spend more at Amazon etc.

I don't hate the card I simply didn't see a use for it after they removed the 5% year round restaurant category. That was the only thing that made it truly appealing to me but that doesn't mean its a terrible card in general for everyone else now.

3) Yes, they don't have restuarants, neither does Freedom or Discover most of the year, or the much loved Sallie Mae for example. <<<< But this is exactly why it was so appealing to me in the first place bc it provided something my other cards did not (as far as I know no others do either at this point, Upromise does not count) and would have filled a needed benefit at a rate of 5%. Alas its gone so not worth it to me.

Message 7 of 67
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

I don't hate the card I simply didn't see a use for it after they removed the 5% year round restaurant category. That was the only thing that made it truly appealing to me but that doesn't mean its a terrible card in general for everyone else now.

3) Yes, they don't have restuarants, neither does Freedom or Discover most of the year, or the much loved Sallie Mae for example. <<<< But this is exactly why it was so appealing to me in the first place bc it provided something my other cards did not (as far as I know no others do either at this point, Upromise does not count) and would have filled a needed benefit at a rate of 5%. Alas its gone so not worth it to me.

I get that for some that was the big attraction.   But my point is it might STILL have some value in other categories, even if very infrequently.  Some of the categories really aren't covered much by other cards,  and with no AF etc....

Message 8 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

The card still works out well for me, I use it for electronics and fast food. Luckily, the only restaurant I frequent is coded as fast food.
Message 9 of 67
barthooper
Frequent Contributor

Even after the restaurant fiasco I was still on the fence, nudging toward wanting to apply for it, because I could still get use out of the categories. I'll probably wait a month or two and maybe give it a shot. I'd probably do it sooner than that but I might need an auto loan next month, not sure yet.

Quicksilver - 16k | Discover It - 34k | Citi DC - $21k | Chase Amazon - 8k | Chase Reserve - 19.5k | Chase Preferred - 5k | EX FICO (Discover CSC) 788
Message 10 of 67
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.