cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now that I got all the cards I want or "need" R.I.P amazon store card !

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Now that I got all the cards I want or "need" R.I.P amazon store card !

@907grown wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Its official I kind of ruined my aaoa anyways with these last 2 approvals ! So why bother keeping it open if me no needs ?! What do you guys think !? It has 1 yr n half ! 

Kill it with fire. Smiley Tongue

However doesn't this card occasionally offer 0% promos?

Always offer 0% for 6 months on purchase over 149.00. 12, 18, or 24 mo on larger purchases

This is what I was thinking of..

If ONLY it was hidden TL like BML..

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would definitely keep this card just for those 0% fiancing specials that are always available.  I thought of canceling my card as well until I remembered those never go away.  And it's no AF, costs nothing to keep it at all.

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I would definitely keep this card just for those 0% fiancing specials that are always available.  I thought of canceling my card as well until I remembered those never go away.  And it's no AF, costs nothing to keep it at all.

This is why we keep the Wally card. You never know when you'll need a 0% offer.

Message 13 of 21
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So why bother keeping it open if me no needs ?! What do you guys think !?

Decide based on your needs/wants/priorities.  Polling others that vary on those matters isn't necessarily going to help as most are only going to tell you that you need to do what they would do without considering you.  If you're not considering this then keep it in mind when making your decision:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&thread.id=117125&jump=true

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon might be the one store card I would get me out of the garden. I order everything online. It's made my life so much easier.

Message 15 of 21
chwebb1
Established Contributor

Maybe I'm the only person that thinks this, but I don't see the point of store cards when you can use a Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover almost everywhere, all with a much lower APR (those 30% APR store cards will eat you alive with interest if you ever carry a balance). Personally, I don't have any store cards (and have never had store cards, and don't want store cards), so I'd tell you to kill it with fire.

photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo card_1.png photo night-launch.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png
$15000 ........... $12500 ............ $11750 ............ $10000 ........... $9400 ............ $5000 ............. $5000
In the Garden until at least November 2015
Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will be getting rid of both Walmart and Amazon after a while, the question is do I want to wait until I get another bankcard (Sallie Mae) or just do it immediately and rely on Chase Freedom for all purchases, with CareCredit for medical costs. They were deemed nice to have until I get a prime card, now I have one they're a lot less useful.

Message 17 of 21
Callandra
Valued Contributor

@chwebb1 wrote:

Maybe I'm the only person that thinks this, but I don't see the point of store cards when you can use a Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover almost everywhere, all with a much lower APR (those 30% APR store cards will eat you alive with interest if you ever carry a balance). Personally, I don't have any store cards (and have never had store cards, and don't want store cards), so I'd tell you to kill it with fire.

I agree to a point -- but store cards do have a place for (re) builders as the U/W is not as strict and they can be a good way to (re) build credit (much better than the likes of Credit One, First Premier, etc). Also, some store cards have frequent coupons/discounts (my mom has a Kohl's card and she gets tons of coupons) or the Target Red Card has 5% off which is good for heavy Target shoppers as Sallie Mae is only up to $250 a month (also some old Targets, general merchandise ones, may not code as grocery anyway). 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chwebb1 wrote:

0% promos are offered every so often and not just for intro rates. I got a Walmart card right before black friday and bought the TV i wanted interest free for 12 months on a $400+ purchase. Already paid it off, and got another 0% offer last week(didn't bite tho). Cant beat that.

Message 19 of 21
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Its official I kind of ruined my aaoa anyways with these last 2 approvals ! So why bother keeping it open if me no needs ?! What do you guys think !? It has 1 yr n half ! 

The only good GE/Synchrony/Comenity card is a closed GE/Synchrony/Comenity card. So...close it.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.