Frequent Contributor
WhiteCollar

Now that Zync is gone......

Now that Zync is gone, what is the best way to get your foot in the door with AMEX? I'm not a fan of charge cards, more interested in their revolvers. I really, really, I'm mean really the Costco True Earnings card but I've heard that's not the best card to app for if you are new to the AMEX family. I've heard of folks getting the Delta SkyMiles Gold card and doing a PC later. I'm open to taking that route.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions! :smileyvery-happy:

Moderator Emeritus
webhopper

Re: Now that Zync is gone......

Starwood preferred guest and delta skymiles gold, even the blue....

Good luck!

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
CreditScholar

It really depends on what your profile is like. Green would probably be the next easiest card to qualify for, and Delta Gold is the easiest revolver to qualify for by a large margin. SPG on the other hand is one of the hardest.

If you have scores in the 700s, a decent income, AAoA of 2-3+ years, no recent or major derogs, and at least 1-2 cards with moderate-sized TLs (5k or higher), getting an Amex revolver without a charge card isn't too difficult. If your scores are under 700, you might be better off applying for the green first. There are also reports of people getting a Delta gold with ~680 FICO.

FICOs: EX: 826, EQ: 817, TU: 810
Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL
Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank American Airlines Executive World Elite MasterCard - $22,500 CL
J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Established Contributor
ccnewcc

CreditScholar wrote:

It really depends on what your profile is like. Green would probably be the next easiest card to qualify for, and Delta Gold is the easiest revolver to qualify for by a large margin. SPG on the other hand is one of the hardest.

If you have scores in the 700s, a decent income, AAoA of 2-3+ years, no recent or major derogs, and at least 1-2 cards with moderate-sized TLs (5k or higher), getting an Amex revolver without a charge card isn't too difficult. If your scores are under 700, you might be better off applying for the green first. There are also reports of people getting a Delta gold with ~680 FICO.

Easier than the blue cards?  Blue, sky and Cash?

Why would this be?  cuz of the AF?

Established Contributor
searchingfor67

CreditScholar wrote:

+1

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCP $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $10.1K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Discover IT $9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU Flagship Visa Signature $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $10K | USAA World MC $9K
Valued Contributor
Repo-ed

I just got the old a couple of weeks ago w/ the scores in my sig and less than 3 yeas AAoA and one 5 year old repo

Valued Contributor
nicholasyud

CreditScholar wrote:

I got approved for Delta with 675....They told me im border line with toys limit of 1k.......i also apps for the green card on the same day too......

Hope its help

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 748 Wishlist: CSP, Simply Cash, SPG, BOLD, INK, United MP,
Goal Score: 800

Walmart: 10k |Usaa: 8k|BCE: 9k| Amex: NSPL|Dis: 3.4k|Cap: 3.5k|CAP: 2k|CSP: 5k| Pen:4.5k

Established Contributor
ccnewcc

[ Edited ]

Okay so Amex will approve you for the gold with scores of 650-675 with some negatives.

But they won't approve you if you don't have any revolving credit will they?

The gold can't be that easy.  Can it?  lol!

ETA:  And are we talkin approval with recon or instant approval?  Amex can't be that lax with the gold?  Can they?  lol

Valued Contributor
Repo-ed

www.whogavemecredit.com

ccnewcc wrote:

Okay so Amex will approve you for the gold with scores of 650-675 with some negatives.

But they won't approve you if you don't have any revolving credit will they?

The gold can't be that easy.  Can it?  lol!

They started me out with $2800 CL w/ 650 score.

Then again, I also have a Zync NPSL for close to 6 months, so that may have helped offset the low score and derog

Established Contributor
ccnewcc

Yeah im sure the zync helped in that case.  But 2800CL with 650 and a repo.  Wow.

Congrats to you!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+