Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now that Zync is gone......

tag
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Now that Zync is gone......

IMHO- the TE isn't too much more difficult then the Delta. If you really want the TE and you aren't marginal in your approval status, then I say app the Amex TE The thing about getting the Charge product first is this: if you are approved, the Green has no AF for first year. This gives you a door into Amex. You can then immediately app the TE with a SP if denied. You will get the reasons for denial and be able to work on them for a future TE app. At least you will know where you stand. Cancel the Green before AF hits next year. Hopefully you will have a TE by then and it will be backdated a full year.

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 21 of 34
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

On a side note- it would really help everyone here if you would elaborate on your credit profile.  You'd probably get better answers on your possible approval for any of the cards you've listed.  What's your FICO?  AAoA?  Any baddies?  Utility?  Highest CL?  Thanks

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 22 of 34
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

^^^^great advice
5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 23 of 34
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

Now that I know Amex is a Exp puller in my case, I had a 680 and 1 paid collection, 1 paid CO....util was under 5%,.,.

Got Skymiles and Green

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 24 of 34
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

nice!
5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 25 of 34
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

8 credit cards (5 prime Visa/MC's and Nordstrom, Macy's and Bloomies). 4 prime cards have 5k limits. Scores are 693 TU, 663 EXP and 658 EXP (via USAA). Aaoa is 5.4 years. 3 baddies on each report from 2008 and 2009 respectively. UTL is currently 24%. 

Message 26 of 34
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@WhiteCollar wrote:

8 credit cards (5 prime Visa/MC's and Nordstrom, Macy's and Bloomies). 4 prime cards have 5k limits. Scores are 693 TU, 663 EXP and 658 EXP (via USAA). Aaoa is 5.4 years. 3 baddies on each report from 2008 and 2009 respectively. UTL is currently 24%. 

Hey WhiteCollar!  Well you've got good trade lines for sure.  My concern is your scores.  If they are all from USAA, then they are not FICO and therefore not reliable.  Your baddies are relatively old (over 2 years +). So not too much trouble there.  AAoA is pretty good.  Utility is a little high.  I say- get your utility below 20%- get your true FICO and when you are at 690 or higher, you are good to go.  That's my .02. Smiley Happy. (this is assuming the baddies are lates of 30 days). If they longer or different types of baddies, then may have to re-access.

Message 27 of 34
sakhalin070
Frequent Contributor

@improvingmycredit wrote:

On a side note- it would really help everyone here if you would elaborate on your credit profile.  You'd probably get better answers on your possible approval for any of the cards you've listed.  What's your FICO?  AAoA?  Any baddies?  Utility?  Highest CL?  Thanks

I just got approved for the AMEX BCE.  It is my first AMEX card, and I'm really surprised I got it since i keep reading about how revolvers are really hard to get without a prior relationship with AMEX, and that charge cards are really easy to get.  I don't know my EXP or EQ FICO (they probably pulled EXP), but my TU FICO is 781.  My AAoA at the time when AMEX pulled my credit report is 2 years 1 month, I have no baddies on my report, utilization was 6%, and highest CL is $3300.

AMEX BCE, Discover IT, Citi Forward, BoA Travel Rewards, Barclaycard Cash Forward
Message 28 of 34
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@sakhalin070 wrote:

@improvingmycredit wrote:

I just got approved for the AMEX BCE.  It is my first AMEX card, and I'm really surprised I got it since i keep reading about how revolvers are really hard to get without a prior relationship with AMEX, and that charge cards are really easy to get.  I don't know my EXP or EQ FICO (they probably pulled EXP), but my TU FICO is 781.  My AAoA at the time when AMEX pulled my credit report is 2 years 1 month, I have no baddies on my report, utilization was 6%, and highest CL is $3300.

Congrats!  With a credit profile like that... You shouldn't have any trouble getting most of the credit products you want.  Only thing holding you back from a 800+ score is AAoA.  Keep up the GREAT credit practices.  Smiley Happy.  Amex revolvers are harder then the charge products to acquire, but a common misconception on this forum is one should start with a charger first but it's not a necessity at all.  Since most on this forum are rebuilding- it is often recommended to start with a charger to get one's foot in the door with Amex.  Not a bad plan if you are borderline for approval.  It does many things for the rebuilder:  let's one know one's credit standing with Amex- if approved for the charger, all subsequent apps are SPs unless approved- backdating for all subsequent Amex products- ect... But if you are beyond rebuilding (720+ FICOs) and are now looking for products that best suit your lifestyle and spending habits, by all means app the cards you really want.  Why waste inquiries on cards everyone thinks you should get first instead of the one's you want?

Message 29 of 34
distantarray
Established Contributor

People seem to be getting in to BCP/BCE a LOT easier after they placed the $6,000 cap on the card, you could try that, also my dad got approved for Amex Delta Skymiles with 2 recent derogs medical collections 1 paid and 1 unpaid. Strange thing is his Fico score was 666 and he was approved according to Amex with recent derogs I wouldn't think he would get in but he did. 

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.