Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now that my head is clear..........

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Now that my head is clear..........

Thanks for all the replies all!

I can see where i'm letting it get to me. They are young accounts and need more time to grow. I'll put some simple charges and PIF quick though them and see what happens at the yearmark.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 21 of 26
laboi_22
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

from boiling over with the lack of customer service from everyone I talked to yesterday!!! Smiley Mad

I can ask my fellow myFICO'ers about my lingering problem: GE accounts.

Yea, I know i've talked about it alot but yesterday just drove me to the edge of closing all of my accounts with them.

Here's what I have:

JCP $150CL Opened 7/2011 Never late $0Bal (CLI asked for 5 times declined all)

Old Navy $300CL Opened 7/2011 Never late $0Bal (CLI asked for 5 times declined all)

Walmart  $600CL Opened 11/2011 Never late $489 (just made this debt this week)

CareCredit $500CL Opened 11/2011 Never late $0Bal

I get the decline letter for JCP and 2 of the 4 reasons involve a 30 day late from my PIF auto loan that is 1 1/2 years old. Really?? I have since that late been perfect with my credit.

The other 2 are revolving/retail accounts open too recently. (I can relate to this one)

So am I over-reacting with this and should garden the accounts further?? I think i'm taking it too fast with Walmart but JCP is on my last nerve!!!

CareCredit I'm not concerned about, i'll garden that and try later for CLI.

How would you all handle these accounts?? I don't want to close because theyre $0AF accounts and nothing but positive info can be reported, But at the same time these toy limits are holding me back from real limits.

Interesting how so?

Current Scores: EX - 728 FICO (5/11/13) TU - 771 FICO (7/02/13) EQ ??

Current Cards: Chase Freedom $5,000, CSP $5,700, BofA Visa Signature $15,000, AMEX BCE $6,000, Walmart $4,150, Gap Visa $10,000, JC Penny $5,800, Lowes $8,500, Dillard's AMEX $8,000, AMEX Hilton HHonors - $2,000, Chase United $12,000, Citi AAdvantage & Simplicity $6,000/$6,000, SPG AMEX $1,000
Message 22 of 26
irod1277
New Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

from boiling over with the lack of customer service from everyone I talked to yesterday!!! Smiley Mad

Yea, I know i've talked about it alot but yesterday just drove me to the edge of closing all of my accounts with them.

Here's what I have:

Old Navy $300CL Opened 7/2011 Never late $0Bal (CLI asked for 5 times declined all)

I get the decline letter for JCP and 2 of the 4 reasons involve a 30 day late from my PIF auto loan that is 1 1/2 years old. Really?? I have since that late been perfect with my credit.

The other 2 are revolving/retail accounts open too recently. (I can relate to this one)

So am I over-reacting with this and should garden the accounts further?? I think i'm taking it too fast with Walmart but JCP is on my last nerve!!!

How would you all handle these accounts?? I don't want to close because theyre $0AF accounts and nothing but positive info can be reported, But at the same time these toy limits are holding me back from real limits.

I've had JCP since 10/09.  They started me off with at $600 CL & have yet to increase me.  I have tried a few times & they keep telling me no.  I think I give up on the JCP card ever growing with me.  I keep it around to shop for the kids in Sept so that I have something concrete to show in court when I go for CS.

Message 23 of 26
payingoffdebt001
Frequent Contributor

Great Reads!

I got an idea...I'm going to truly plant a seed and when it blooms I'll go apply somewhere - this might help with the wait game and patience.  Smiley Very Happy Although, I just might use miracle grow lol !!Smiley Wink

Message 24 of 26
jla84
Regular Contributor

I'm having the same problem with my WFNNB Lane Bryant card. They started me off at $100 last July; I've asked for a CLI probably 3-5 times and they've refused each and every time. It's super frustrating - very hard to shop while keeping my total under $100, but I'm working on being patient, stop asking for CLI (if only because it's making me crazy), and see where I am after the account ages 1 year or so. I also have a 30 day late on a different (now closed) account from just a little over a year ago, so that might be why they're hesitating. Not sure. Hopefully good things come to those who wait! 

Starting Score (07/2011): EQ 706 TU 709
Current Score (6/2013): EQ 740 TU 732 EX 740
Goal Score: 750+ on all 3

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 25 of 26
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@irod1277 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

Here's what I have:

I've had JCP since 10/09.  They started me off with at $600 CL & have yet to increase me.  I have tried a few times & they keep telling me no.  I think I give up on the JCP card ever growing with me.  I keep it around to shop for the kids in Sept so that I have something concrete to show in court when I go for CS.

Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.