cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now that that Crown Jewlers are gone? Who else is there??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now that that Crown Jewlers are gone? Who else is there??

I just got started with CJ about 4 months ago, and they have been ripped from my report. *single tear* What other company is out there for folks that need a boost in their credit?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
jennordy
New Contributor

Re: Now that that Crown Jewlers are gone? Who else is there??

You could try Kay's or Jared.  Maybe Hooters MC?
FICO® 8 Scores: 10/16: TU 592 -- EQ 579 -- EX 573; 11/16: TU 626 -- EQ 614 -- EX 605; 12/16: TU 606 -- EQ 589 -- EX 594
FICO® Mortgage Scores: 10/16: TU 588 -- EQ 567 -- EX 566
10/16: Negatives: 10 charge-offs; 7 collections (one "closed"); 1 Ch. 7 BK (filed 12/2008)
Positives: 2 Cap1s; Nordstrom; 4 Comenity store cards; Amazon store card, Care Credit, 76 gas card, and F21 Visa; 2 student loans
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I just got started with CJ about 4 months ago, and they have been ripped from my report. *single tear* What other company is out there for folks that need a boost in their credit?

Instead of looking for the next company that is offering psuedo-fake credit or tradelines. Try working on establishing yourself with a real company or bank that offers legitimate tradelines. Anyone who is actively searching for the next Crown Jewelers is asking for trouble plain and simple.Smiley Surprised

King

Message Edited by 74king on 06-20-2009 10:02 AM
Message 3 of 8
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

We could probably be more help if we had a few more facts.

• What are your FICO scores?
  • Do you have other tradelines?
  • Hve you pulled your CR's from annualcreditreport.com?  (free)
  • Do you have baddies on your reports (lates, CO's, judgments)?
  • Are you employed?

No personally identifiable information please.  As Joe Friday used to say; "just the facts ma'am".

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 8
smallfry
Senior Contributor

You could try Capital One and Orchard. Problem with some of these Orchard starter cards is the $6 monthly membership fee. 
Message 5 of 8
score_building
Senior Contributor

@smallfry wrote:
You could try Capital One and Orchard. Problem with some of these Orchard starter cards is the $6 monthly membership fee. 

i don't think they 'graduate' is the other thing. 

have you tried local bank or cu yet?

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 6 of 8
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@score_building wrote:

@smallfry wrote:

i don't think they 'graduate' is the other thing. 

have you tried local bank or cu yet?

Well they're rebuilder cards. Good enough for a couple or three years.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since I don't know what's on your reports, I'll just give you my experience. 

I started with an Orchard secured card in 2006.  Because my baddies were past SOL, I waited for them to fall off instead of paying since they wouldn't delete if I did pay.  Their loss.  I was preapproved for a Juniper in 2007, $500 CL.  I purchased a car last October.  I refinanced 6 months later.  All but one baddie removed, I applied at my local CU, NFCU, and asked Juniper for an increase.  My local CU approved me 3k, NFCU approved me 10k, 1k increase in Juniper limit.  Just take it slow, get 1 re-builder card, never pay it late and handle one negative item on your report at a time.

Patience grasshopper 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.