Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now this Credit approval denial is funny

tag
vollybal
Regular Contributor

Now this Credit approval denial is funny

Ok so I was in Kohls and I wanted to get a CC as they have a few nice things, including some sparkly stuff for the DW. Well I got the denied letter and was like OH well...Well i was having some time to kill and I saw that Kay jewers was having a sale so i went in looking around and saw some nice diamond solitaire earrings. guy comes over and is like santa cash this, no fianacing for 12 months that....I was like there is no way they will approve me after getting turned down from kohls and having walmart do a CLD. But I was like these are nice earrings and what the heck. So I went ahead and applied. The guy looks at the screen and smurks at it as someone would do if it came back not approved. Then something printed out and I WAS APPROVED FOR $6500.00!!! WOW is all I could say as that is the higest CL I have gotten since our BK in 2002. SO cool...I wish they carried Breitling watches as I want one!!! So I not only did I get a great CL and a nice gift for  my DW, But her B-day is in the end of Januaryand I now have $600 in santa dollars for that as well!!!

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!!!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: Now this Credit approval denial is funny

happy Thanksgiving - the Credit Gods must be in a good mood  Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 10
marty56
Super Contributor

They have agressive Black Friday adds.  Perhaps the week of Black Friday is a good time to app.  Enjoy the card.

Message Edited by marty56 on 11-27-2008 07:05 AM
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am sure you were pleasantly suprised! Enjoy your new card!
Message 4 of 10
laz98
Senior Contributor

wow, congrats!  i have yet to use my kay card.....
Message 5 of 10
Gotagoal
Regular Contributor

That's great news! Congrats!  What were your real Fico scores? Just curious since we all have a story and knowing your scores is VERY helpful!!

Now you have one more thing to be thankful for!! Woo hoo!!

Message 6 of 10
vollybal
Regular Contributor

My fico scores from the time I got the approveals were:

TU -- 638

EQ -- 608

EX -- 684

Message 7 of 10
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Congrats...

So what is on your EX report?  Since it is your highest, you might try to put that to work...

Macy's, Patelco CU etc...

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 8 of 10
vollybal
Regular Contributor

I have a BK from 2002 and a couple collections from 05. Do you think I would be ok for a high limit CL Visa/MC??? Say at least 3k??? And would I be able to get it before Christmas?? Have a few things I am looking to do and then pay them off in mid april after that nice Tax crediut comes in.

Thanxs

Message 9 of 10
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!  Please remember that charging, charging, charging is what got us into trouble in the first place.  Just think twice about those purchases!

I'm being VERY remindful of that as well.  I'm actually recycling a gift.  DH won a Bose Acoustamass Home Theater System.....Merry Christmas to our son! 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.