Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of inquires

tag
Jungook
Regular Contributor

Number of inquires

Hello again,

I was wondering if giving your information to pre-qualifier sites like https://www.discovercard.com/cardmembersvcs/acqs/app/chooseMyOffer/findMyOffer?beyond=it& will show up as an inquiry on my credit report.

Also, I would like to open a checking account with Chase. I already have a checking account with my local branch and also an online savings account with AMEX. I am unhappy with my local branch so I would like to switch to chase. Will opening banking accounts show up as inquiries?

(Also, this is off-topic but, is there any easier way to deposit cash into my online savings account? Right now I send checks to AMEX because I don't want to pay a wire transfer fee. Is there a way I can simply link my checking account to my savings account and transfer for free electronically?)

Thanks.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
zarteycranford
Regular Contributor

Re: Number of inquires

Usaly a bank will do a soft pull for checking. So an inquiry will probably not show up because this does not pertain to a loan or extension of credit.  And pre qualifies soft pull as well. But keep in mind if you continue process and complete a full app for card a hard pull will surely ensue.

Message 2 of 18
Jungook
Regular Contributor

So credit card companies only care about your hard pulls correct? I am going to exaggerate and say I had 5000 soft pulls. Would that affect me in my journey for credit?

Message 3 of 18
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

5000 soft pulls would prob bump all your hard pulls away, so it'd be better LOL..
Someone told me your file can only be so long before info such as inqs naturally becomes removed...
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 4 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

SP's are seen only by you. Lenders would have no idea who may have SPd you.
Message 5 of 18
vagrants
Regular Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
5000 soft pulls would prob bump all your hard pulls away, so it'd be better LOL..
Someone told me your file can only be so long before info such as inqs naturally becomes removed...

I understand that bump occurs on EQ & TU and not all softs create bumps. With that many softs, chop might occur as well.

AMEX Cash Rebate (this isn't Costco, older version of Blue Cash), AMEX Blue Cash, AMEX BCP, AMEX SPG (personal), Barclay Sallie Mae Plat MC, BBVA Compass NBA AMEX (No AF), Capital One QuickSilver VISA Sig, Capital One QuickSilver World MC, 2x Chase Freedom VISA Sig, Chase Ink Bold World Elite MC, Citi Dividend AMEX/World MC, Citi Double Cash, Citi Hilton VISA Sig, Discover More, Discover It, Fidelity AMEX, Huntington Voice World MC, MyPoints Rewards VISA, 2x US Bank Cash+ VISA Sig
Message 6 of 18
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Don't bother trying discover 5000 times for 5000 soft pulls. After the first attempt in X time frame, they aren't pulling again and just using what is on file.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 7 of 18
Jungook
Regular Contributor

thanks, any light on transferring cash to an online savings acc?

Message 8 of 18
enharu
Super Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

it used to work when storage was expensive and computers had limited processing powers. As a result, everyone's file had a "quota" in size.

Nowadays, storage is dirt cheap, and computers are much faster.

Bumpage rarely occurs nowadays, and if it does it's usually more so due to a server error with the file in general (which also explains splicing / choppage), rather than anything getting "bumped" out.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 9 of 18
TheClub
Frequent Contributor

@Jungook wrote:

Hello again,

I was wondering if giving your information to pre-qualifier sites like https://www.discovercard.com/cardmembersvcs/acqs/app/chooseMyOffer/findMyOffer?beyond=it& will show up as an inquiry on my credit report.

Also, I would like to open a checking account with Chase. I already have a checking account with my local branch and also an online savings account with AMEX. I am unhappy with my local branch so I would like to switch to chase. Will opening banking accounts show up as inquiries?

(Also, this is off-topic but, is there any easier way to deposit cash into my online savings account? Right now I send checks to AMEX because I don't want to pay a wire transfer fee. Is there a way I can simply link my checking account to my savings account and transfer for free electronically?)

Thanks.

In my experience, sometimes Chase, American Express, Capital One and BOA use a system called Chexsystems to verify your worthiness. It seems to be a platform where big banks report any suspicious behavior that other banks may use to determine if you're eligible for a checking or savings account with them.  This will not affect your credit report at all.

Also, there should be an option to link a checking account to your AMEX savings account.  I understand it may take 3-5 business days to reflect in your savings. But I would check with the bank to verify.

"When you're fresh meat you kill... and give them something fresher" (Frank Underwood)
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.