Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCCU Beaver Card Question

tag
Emdee_MD
New Contributor

OCCU Beaver Card Question

So reading all those approval threads, and having been gardening for the last few months letting some accounts age that I added; and helping my Fiance get her credit situated, I decided to pull the trigger on the Beaver Card. got the 7-10 day message, and just got a letter this past Thursday that did not say whether it was denied or approved, just had my credit score and info that they pulled. I saw some other people had the same thing happen, but then a few days later got the card. 

Did anyone who got denied get 2 seperate letters? or should I be under the impression it was approved? 

NFCU Flagship - 24k; CapOne Venture - 12k; Chase Slate - 9k; Chase Sapphire - 7.5k; NFCU NavChek - 5k; Amex BCE - 6.5k; Discover IT - 6k; BarClays - 9k;
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: OCCU Beaver Card Question

Sounds good, I tried looking for the number to check status couldn't find it. I to saw the same thing about the card coming a few days later. Good Luck !

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 7
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

I've only received one letter-no card yet. But more than likely if your first letter was not a denial you were approved. You can call and get your CL.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 3 of 7
Express
Frequent Contributor

@Emdee_MD wrote:

So reading all those approval threads, and having been gardening for the last few months letting some accounts age that I added; and helping my Fiance get her credit situated, I decided to pull the trigger on the Beaver Card. got the 7-10 day message, and just got a letter this past Thursday that did not say whether it was denied or approved, just had my credit score and info that they pulled. I saw some other people had the same thing happen, but then a few days later got the card. 

Did anyone who got denied get 2 seperate letters? or should I be under the impression it was approved? 

I got the same message, but I called and found out I was approved for $20.000. I then got the letter with my score and the next day the Beaver was in the mail!  Smiley Very Happy

CL $408,200
Message 4 of 7
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

7-10 day isn't always bad with OCCU, it could go either way.   855-604-3243 is one of the numbers to an analyst.

Message 5 of 7
eddie84
Valued Contributor

When I apped on their site it said I was approved.  Just got a letter from them yesterday with my credit score on it and nothing else (EQ 759).  Hopefully the new card will be here tomorrow. Smiley Tongue

Message 6 of 7
dddfresh
Frequent Contributor

Same happened to me and I called the number listed above. I was approved but only for $2500. My EQ score was only 650 though. Hope that helps

9/2013: Fico EQ 676, EXP 686, Fico TU 686.
NFCU Flagship Sig. $14k..NFCU CashRwdsSig $14k..NFCU LOC $12.5k..USAA Amex 4k..AMEX Green NPSL..Discover IT $1.5k...BofA Cash Rewards123 $2.5k...Southwest Premier $2k..Chase Freedom $1.5k..CareCredit $3.5k..Cap1-$1.5k..HSBC $300...Lowes $1.5k...WalMart $1.5k...JCP $1k..Chevron $1.1k..Kays/Jerrod - $5k split. around 8% Util. Want to get in the 700's in 2013! Have three old paid charge offs. 15-20inq.. LAST APP 8/29/13
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.