Highlighted
New Contributor

OCCU Beaver Card Question

So reading all those approval threads, and having been gardening for the last few months letting some accounts age that I added; and helping my Fiance get her credit situated, I decided to pull the trigger on the Beaver Card. got the 7-10 day message, and just got a letter this past Thursday that did not say whether it was denied or approved, just had my credit score and info that they pulled. I saw some other people had the same thing happen, but then a few days later got the card. 

Did anyone who got denied get 2 seperate letters? or should I be under the impression it was approved? 

My Wallet: Amex Gold: NPSL / Chase Sapphire: $7500 / Capital One Orbitz: $1500 / Capital One Quicksilver $1500 / Jared: $5100 / Chase Slate: $5000 / Care Credit: $4600 / OCCU Beaver: $2500 / Amazon: $600 / Walmart Disc: $2500 / Lowes: $400

Mega Contributor

Re: OCCU Beaver Card Question

Sounds good, I tried looking for the number to check status couldn't find it. I to saw the same thing about the card coming a few days later. Good Luck !

US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $10k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $10K / Discover IT $10k
Sam's Mastercard $8.5k / Walmart Mastercard $8k / PayPal SmartConnect $5.1k
CareCredit $5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $3.55k / Citi DC (WMC) $3k
Gardening Date 5/8/15 / MyFico 08: EQ 729 / TU 724 / EX 750 / 7/12/15
Established Contributor

I've only received one letter-no card yet. But more than likely if your first letter was not a denial you were approved. You can call and get your CL.

Frequent Contributor

Emdee_MD wrote:

So reading all those approval threads, and having been gardening for the last few months letting some accounts age that I added; and helping my Fiance get her credit situated, I decided to pull the trigger on the Beaver Card. got the 7-10 day message, and just got a letter this past Thursday that did not say whether it was denied or approved, just had my credit score and info that they pulled. I saw some other people had the same thing happen, but then a few days later got the card. 

Did anyone who got denied get 2 seperate letters? or should I be under the impression it was approved? 

I got the same message, but I called and found out I was approved for $20.000. I then got the letter with my score and the next day the Beaver was in the mail!  Smiley Very Happy

CL $257,600
Community Leader
Super Contributor

7-10 day isn't always bad with OCCU, it could go either way.   855-604-3243 is one of the numbers to an analyst.

Community Leader
Established Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I apped on their site it said I was approved.  Just got a letter from them yesterday with my credit score on it and nothing else (EQ 759).  Hopefully the new card will be here tomorrow. Smiley Tongue

Frequent Contributor

Same happened to me and I called the number listed above. I was approved but only for $2500. My EQ score was only 650 though. Hope that helps

9/2013: Fico EQ 676, EXP 686, Fico TU 686.
NFCU Flagship Sig. $14k..NFCU CashRwdsSig $14k..NFCU LOC $12.5k..USAA Amex 4k..AMEX Green NPSL..Discover IT $1.5k...BofA Cash Rewards123 $2.5k...Southwest Premier $2k..Chase Freedom $1.5k..CareCredit $3.5k..Cap1-$1.5k..HSBC $300...Lowes $1.5k...WalMart $1.5k...JCP $1k..Chevron $1.1k..Kays/Jerrod - $5k split. around 8% Util. Want to get in the 700's in 2013! Have three old paid charge offs. 15-20inq.. LAST APP 8/29/13
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.