cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCCU Duck Card Unauthorized Transaction + Refund Not Posted To Account

tag
mrflibble

OCCU Duck Card Unauthorized Transaction + Refund Not Posted To Account

I had an unauthorized transaction on my OCCU Duck card back in December and they also failed to post a credit to my account for a refund given at Wal-mart.

I've sent secure messages (which still remain unanswered), called (was told to write to the address on my statement with details of the transactions) and written several letters informing them that there have been errors but heard nothing back.

I sent the first secure message back at the end of December 2013 and sent the first letter mid January. I just sent another letter by certified mail a few weeks ago.

The unauthorized transaction and missing credit add up to over $800 so i'm not too impressed with OCCU. I know they are supposed to acknowledge my complaint in writing within 30 days after recieving it. It's already been longer than 30 days since I sent the first letter but i've not had any response, not even a phone call from them.

The first letter was sent by regular mail though. Subsequent letters were all sent using certified mail. For the certified mail letters it will be 30 days in 3-4 days time. I'm not sure how to proceed if I don't hear back from them. I guess i'm going to need a lawyer? :smileysad:

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
toi34
Established Contributor

Re: OCCU Duck Card Unauthorized Transaction + Refund Not Posted To Account

What a disaster this CU and their cards have become! Sorry to hear this....one horror story after the other keeps coming through these boards. This 'mom and pop' CU could not handle the sheer magnitude of applications for their cards.

File a complaint with the CFPB.

Message 2 of 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

As stated the CFPB is your friend, they won't be able to handle it as OCCUs assets are less than 10 bil but they will fwd it to OCCUs regulator, the FTC is also your friend.

Message 3 of 17
mrflibble

I've filed a complaint with the CFPB and the BBB.

I can't believe how much hassle this is causing. I've had many different credit cards over the years and never had an experience like this where a complaint isn't even acknowledged.

Message 4 of 17
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

Yikes! Any transaction disputed should at least be credited while an investigation take place. This CU has really managed to fall from high above overnight. One day the best CU anyone had heard off,  to the next day being a complete disaster that everyone should avoid. I guess they couldn't handle there fame well.

Message 5 of 17
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Allow me to chime in.

THIS MUST END!

Enough is enough, there long since needs to be a concerted effort with all appropriate federal agencies/regulators and regional one's plus lawyers to confront this issue once and for all, PERIOD!

Enough said.
Message 6 of 17
TRC2k13
Regular Contributor

I was wondering what happened to all the 'OCCU is great they just approved me for a $15k limit" threads I was reading in December...

http://www.bankrate.com/rates/safe-sound/financial-statements.aspx?cuid=65856

If it seems too good to be true... it probably is.

Message 7 of 17
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

@TRC2k13 wrote:

I was wondering what happened to all the 'OCCU is great they just approved me for a $15k limit" threads I was reading in December...

http://www.bankrate.com/rates/safe-sound/financial-statements.aspx?cuid=65856

If it seems too good to be true... it probably is.

Same here, numerous threads of people so excited to get the "Duck" card.  I looked into it out of curiosity but never saw what the big deal was (unless your a huge fan of the Ducks).  Looks like that turned out to be not such a great card to get.  Good luck to those who got burned, hope you see that money back!

Message 8 of 17
Matt6995
Regular Contributor

I admit I fell for the hype.

Applied and was denied for too many inquiries.

I was unhappy at the time but have been counting my blessings ever since the first thread about compromised accounts.

My Gaurdian Angel had my back on this one.

Message 9 of 17
mrflibble

I don't know what their problem is but they couldn't even reply to a secure message I sent back in December. Since then i've sent four letters and not gotten a single response.

Given everything i've read on this forum it looks like they have some serious litigation coming their way and for good reason.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.