Contributor
RnJ

Re: OCCU Duck Card Unauthorized Transaction + Refund Not Posted To Account

From what I've only gathered from posts from this forum, OCCU doesn't have a clue how to operate their secured message system.  To date, I have seen zero persons claim they ever got a response via secured message, save for the generic auto-reply ("we have received your message, you will receive a reply within 48 hours" or something to that effect).  When I first encountered that (also sent a SM to them in Dec), I was shaking my head, should have known it was a precursor to crappy customer service.

Regular Contributor
acb5456

What a terrible credit union to do business with. I hope everyone who applied and received their credit card closes the account, because it seems as though it will eventually bite you in the butt.
Chase Sapphire: $10,000 | Amex BCE: $9,000 | BofA Cash Rewards World MC: $10,000 | Discover IT: $9,000

FICO: TU-767 (Discover), EX-755 (Amex pull), EQ-759
Frequent Contributor
Happychap

acb5456 wrote:
What a terrible credit union to do business with. I hope everyone who applied and received their credit card closes the account, because it seems as though it will eventually bite you in the butt.

Yup. After reading all the stories im going to be SD my duck card. They owe me almost $300 in cash back that Im meant to get on the 12 mth anniversary. If they close my account I hope they send my check:smileysurprised: 

Valued Contributor
gdale6

Happychap wrote:

acb5456 wrote:

Yup. After reading all the stories im going to be SD my duck card. They owe me almost $300 in cash back that Im meant to get on the 12 mth anniversary. If they close my account I hope they send my check:smileysurprised:

rewards are forfeit if the account is not open and in good standing on the day of redemption so no you would lose the $300 if they close it but since yours is working and not blocked you have nothing to worry about IMO.

EX Cred Ses 12/14: 796 ; EX Fico 04 V2 06/14: 775; EX Fico 08 07/14 778 ; EX Fico 08 BC 12/14: 858
EQ Fico 05/14 781 ; EQ MPM 12/14: 750
TU Fico 8 12/14: 719; TU MPM 06/14 706
Frequent Contributor
Happychap

gdale6 wrote:

Happychap wrote:

acb5456 wrote:

rewards are forfeit if the account is not open and in good standing on the day of redemption so no you would lose the $300 if they close it but since yours is working and not blocked you have nothing to worry about IMO.

Well not closed YET! lol I have a feeling they are on a closing spree and will be coming round to me and others shortly...:smileymad:

Regular Contributor
TRC2k13

I'm amazed nobody saw this coming.

So let me get this straight... A credit union that doesn't require membership is offering huge limit cards... In some cases 5x or more bigger than the consumers biggest line... @ 0% for a year with cash back rewards and nobody thought the ship would eventually sink?

I doubt there was a compromise. OCCU just got in way over their heads with the lending.

The card never appealed to me because I got the same deal with my CU that I have a membership with... Glad I didn't get caught up in all the hype.
mrflibble

I would happily close my account now even though this is my highest limit card. Problem is my balance is $800 above where it should be due to an unauthorized transaction and an uncredited refund. I really really really wish I hadn't applied for this card now.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}