Contributor

Re: OCCU Duck Card Unauthorized Transaction + Refund Not Posted To Account

From what I've only gathered from posts from this forum, OCCU doesn't have a clue how to operate their secured message system.  To date, I have seen zero persons claim they ever got a response via secured message, save for the generic auto-reply ("we have received your message, you will receive a reply within 48 hours" or something to that effect).  When I first encountered that (also sent a SM to them in Dec), I was shaking my head, should have known it was a precursor to crappy customer service.

Regular Contributor

What a terrible credit union to do business with. I hope everyone who applied and received their credit card closes the account, because it seems as though it will eventually bite you in the butt.
Chase Sapphire: $10,000 | Amex BCE: $9,000 | BofA Cash Rewards WMC: $10,000 | Discover IT: $10,000

FICO: TU-767 (Discover), EX-768 (Amex pull), EQ-759
Frequent Contributor

acb5456 wrote:
What a terrible credit union to do business with. I hope everyone who applied and received their credit card closes the account, because it seems as though it will eventually bite you in the butt.

Yup. After reading all the stories im going to be SD my duck card. They owe me almost $300 in cash back that Im meant to get on the 12 mth anniversary. If they close my account I hope they send my check:smileysurprised: 

Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Happychap wrote:

acb5456 wrote:

Yup. After reading all the stories im going to be SD my duck card. They owe me almost $300 in cash back that Im meant to get on the 12 mth anniversary. If they close my account I hope they send my check:smileysurprised:

rewards are forfeit if the account is not open and in good standing on the day of redemption so no you would lose the $300 if they close it but since yours is working and not blocked you have nothing to worry about IMO.

EX Fico 08 BC 04/15: 790 (0); EX Fico 04 V2 06/14: 775
EQ Beacon 5.0 12/14 757
TU Fico 8 04/15: 757 (0)
Frequent Contributor

gdale6 wrote:

Happychap wrote:

acb5456 wrote:

rewards are forfeit if the account is not open and in good standing on the day of redemption so no you would lose the $300 if they close it but since yours is working and not blocked you have nothing to worry about IMO.

Well not closed YET! lol I have a feeling they are on a closing spree and will be coming round to me and others shortly...:smileymad:

Regular Contributor

I'm amazed nobody saw this coming.

So let me get this straight... A credit union that doesn't require membership is offering huge limit cards... In some cases 5x or more bigger than the consumers biggest line... @ 0% for a year with cash back rewards and nobody thought the ship would eventually sink?

I doubt there was a compromise. OCCU just got in way over their heads with the lending.

The card never appealed to me because I got the same deal with my CU that I have a membership with... Glad I didn't get caught up in all the hype.

I would happily close my account now even though this is my highest limit card. Problem is my balance is $800 above where it should be due to an unauthorized transaction and an uncredited refund. I really really really wish I hadn't applied for this card now.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.