cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCCU Duck and Beaver cards compromised. Keep an eye on your accounts....

tag
omaha96
Valued Member

Re: OCCU Duck and Beaver cards compromised. Keep an eye on your accounts....

OK my card was off over the weekend. By Tuesday it was working again. Today it was declined at lunch.Damn they can't make their mind up.
Message 201 of 564
sagehet
Established Member

I think people missed the post where someone who's card was unlocked had a cash advance taken out in London today.

Now Omaha reports his account was locked, unlocked and is now locked again. Occu doesn't seem to know what they are doing.

If the breach was of card data why aren't they sending us new ones? This is what I don't understand. If it's more than card data....
Message 202 of 564
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

This entire Occu debacle is been nothing short of unbelievable if it wasn't for the fact that it indeed can have serious ramifications all the way around.

Has anyone even tried to contact the main official who's signature is right there on your approval letters that came with the card?

And has anyone considered looking into the National Credit Union Administration?
Message 203 of 564
FixMyCredit1992
Established Contributor

Well from what I read, it costs an average of $5.16 to have a card replaced. Mutlipy that by 100,000 card holders, and that's not chump change.

I'm 50/50 on this being an actual breach, vs a over extentsion of credit.

Remember, we have had two people have their accounts cancelled "after review", and someone else got their limit reduced quite a bit. 

The breach of that one person's card could of been coincendental. 

No one else has had any suspicious charges. 

Farm and Fleet $3,000 (AU) Paypal Extras MC $1,500
Barclay's Apple Visa $1,200 QVC Qcard $800
Amazon Store Card $600 Discover $500
Walmart MC $400 Victoria's Secret $350
Credit One $300 Fingerhut $200
TU Fico 626

Message 204 of 564
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@FixMyCredit1992 wrote:

Well from what I read, it costs an average of $5.16 to have a card replaced. Mutlipy that by 100,000 card holders, and that's not chump change.

Remember, we have had two people have their accounts cancelled "after review", and someone else got their limit reduced quite a bit. 

I see you have been slammed with a locked thread on the "other" forum, I would suggest you let this go and let it play out, when they are ready they will release the necessary information. Give it up...

Message 205 of 564
jumpinjax
New Contributor

@FixMyCredit1992 wrote:

They are starting to look at your online presence, aka google searching your name.  I thought I'd let the myfico community know.  No speculation as to the reason why.

Message 206 of 564
Lemondrops63
Valued Member

How do you know their searching names?
Message 207 of 564
jumpinjax
New Contributor

@sagehet wrote:

I may agree on this being definitively tied at least to the card numbers...how else would they be using peoples cards for advances?  They must have the card numbers.

The concern is if they really are able to reset pins, that means they've gotten peoples personal information too which would mean it's a larger deal.

The other side of the coin, is that OCCU is a credit union, not a bank, so there is a big difference.  CU's are owned by members, and it is possible that the recent rush of applications through their system was an inadvertent mistake.  I would not be the least surprised if the outcome is what I'm thinking as of now.  That's a secret. LoooL.

Message 208 of 564
sagehet
Established Member

The locking and unlocking of accounts sometimes multiple times is bizarre. Also note that the target breach had to do with faked vendor IDs per the Wall Street journal. Who knows what implications that revelation may have throughout the industry.

The bizarre part of this is how they're handling it. Every other bank or CU has a banner for the recent breaches and how they're handling it. Yet here it's kind of secretive.

Anyway hopefully it works out. I think a lot of accounts will be gone after this.

Message 209 of 564
jumpinjax
New Contributor

@sagehet wrote:
The locking and unlocking of accounts sometimes multiple times is bizarre. Also note that the target breach had to do with faked vendor IDs per the Wall Street journal. Who knows what implications that revelation may have throughout the industry.

The bizarre part of this is how they're handling it. Every other bank or CU has a banner for the recent breaches and how they're handling it. Yet here it's kind of secretive.

Anyway hopefully it works out. I think a lot of accounts will be gone after this.

That was my thought too, if they are going to blanket close accounts, both the TL and inquiry should be removed from cr.  Only fair, ce la vie

Message 210 of 564
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.