cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCCU Duck and Beaver cards compromised. Keep an eye on your accounts....

tag
bluewillow
New Contributor

Re: OCCU Duck and Beaver cards compromised. Keep an eye on your accounts....

I used my Duck for gas on 01/25/14 without any issue. After reading this thread before I used it again I tested it with a small online purchase at LLBean, it went right through. If it was going to decline me rather on line than with a salesperson....

Message 231 of 564
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

i was approved for the beaver card late december. received the card about 2 weeks afterwards. didn't activate it until this week. i've kept an eye on this thread and last night, i wanted to see if my acct is also under review. had to use another card to pay for the food. i wasnt going to call them and just ride out the storm, but i figured it would look really suspicious that card decline and accountholder didnt call to ask what was going on.

the csr told me that my account may have been compromised and that they are reviewing the account. she said if its determined that my info was affected, they will send replacement card. she said they dont want to arbitrarily send out new card if my acct was not affected. i pretended to have no idea about whats happening so i innocently asked if it was just my acct or was a lot of people affected. she said it wasnt just me and that they should be done looking into my acct in 5-7 business days. the gal i spoke to was very polite and said to me to feel free to check on my acct end of next week.

so now...just going to ride out the storm.

Message 232 of 564
Lemondrops63
Valued Member

Mine is working now. 

@TravellingNomad wrote:

i was approved for the beaver card late december. received the card about 2 weeks afterwards. didn't activate it until this week. i've kept an eye on this thread and last night, i wanted to see if my acct is also under review. had to use another card to pay for the food. i wasnt going to call them and just ride out the storm, but i figured it would look really suspicious that card decline and accountholder didnt call to ask what was going on.

the csr told me that my account may have been compromised and that they are reviewing the account. she said if its determined that my info was affected, they will send replacement card. she said they dont want to arbitrarily send out new card if my acct was not affected. i pretended to have no idea about whats happening so i innocently asked if it was just my acct or was a lot of people affected. she said it wasnt just me and that they should be done looking into my acct in 5-7 business days. the gal i spoke to was very polite and said to me to feel free to check on my acct end of next week.

so now...just going to ride out the storm.

Mine is working now after about a week of it not working.  

Message 233 of 564
omaha96
Valued Member

Is everyone's Duck card working now ?? I used the Duck for gas today
Message 234 of 564
ArCpa
Contributor

Mine is back up, after 4 days of not working.

CC: Amex Green ( NPSL) Amex BCE ( 38.1 K ) US Bank Sig Cash ( 20K ) Pen Fed (42K) Chase Freedom ( 7.5K) Discover More (22K ) Cap 1 QSilver (10K) Barclays Rewards (9K) Care Credit (5.5k) Sears (12K) JC Pennys (6K) Dell (15K) Key Bank (19k ) Key Bank (16K) FFO (7.5 K) Shell ( 600) OCCU ( 20K ) City TY (10.5K) CSP (17.5k) Regions ( 18K )Simmons (15K) Regions BLOC (125K) Fuel Rewards MC(10K )Amex Hilton ( 23k)

TU ( MFICO 5/11/14) 812
EQ ( MFICO 5/11/14) 790
EX ( MFICO 5/11/14) 805

Message 235 of 564
omaha96
Valued Member

Bought gas today Duck card worked fine. At dinner it was declined. They can't make up their mind

Message 236 of 564
Jstforkicks2477
New Visitor

I just received my brand new card(12K limit) a few days ago. I tried using it for the first time yesterday and was declined. I called and was also told it had peen possibly compromised and I had to wait 7 days before it would be cleared up and they may have to issue me a brand new card. This is a brand new card! I received it in the mail, activated it, and left it at home safely. So the only possible compromization is on there end internally. I'm assuming maybe something like the Target issue. Maybe somebody hacked into their system. I was happy to have a new high limit CC compared to my others with no interest for 12 months and a low interest after that. This really took the wind out of my sails. :/
Message 237 of 564
sagehet
Established Member

In what world is this normal? Are they waiting to see if crooks use a card instead of blanket replacing them?

What security protocol can have the card good one moment and then locked again the next?

I don't understand how this 7 day wait period means anything. If the card was compromised you want to know how you can 100% guarantee it won't be used for transactions that aren't legit? Cancel and reissue the card!!!

If this is really about a security issue the way they are handling it is sketchy. I would greatly prefer a new card vs their opinion apparently that mine is okay. An opinion that seems to change by the hour.
Message 238 of 564
xerostatus
Regular Contributor

I've been following this thread with interest. I first got the duck card in Oct '13, used a small amount I think around Nov~Dec.

I haven't used the card since, and in interest of seeing if my card was suspended as well, I tried a small charge at a fast food joint and was promptly denied.

I called in, they gave what seemed to be a canned response, with pretty much the same feedback as everyone else.

They mentioned for me that there really is not timeframe of when the account would be re-activated, however.

They more or less instructed me to hold tight and wait it out. 

Suggested that if I do call back in to re-check, that I wait at least 5 business days in between calls.

Sorry that there is no new information, but just thought I'd add my own data point.

Message 239 of 564
omaha96
Valued Member

Hi everyone-   My wife and I received brand new duck cards today. I guess ever

Message 240 of 564
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.