cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCCU Duck and Beaver cards compromised. Keep an eye on your accounts....

tag
jumpinjax
New Contributor

Re: OCCU Duck and Beaver cards compromised. Keep an eye on your accounts....

@sagehet wrote:
Was told this week they have no idea when the "investigation" will be complete. They're waiting to see if the cards suspected of being compromised are used is how it was explained. I wish I wasn't part of their experiment and they'd just send me a new one.

Also would like to know if in dealing with Oregon community credit union I am at risk for identify theft.

I tried to use this card on Amazon, declined.  Called earlier, and the gentleman explained the same old reason, that the account may have been used in a compromising event, and asked me to please be patient while the investigation is ongoing.  I explained that I tried to use this card at the pump at the end of Jan., to no avail.  He did not have an answer.

Very strange indeed.  I expected better since being approved after so much hype on these boards.  Anyway, SD until further notice.  LOL

Message 261 of 564
studiogeek
Valued Member

This is a potentially useless data point....

My card was only down for a weekend. My card was working for a few days. I had charged about $500 on the card before the freeze. After it was frozen, I promptly paid $300 of my bill (to show good intent). The next day, my card was back up.

Maybe sending a payment helps to prove your intent and identity. Fraudsters never pay anything on a card.

Ya' never know.

Aug 2012 TU/EQ/EX 500's (zero positive credit, one 6 year old CO for $1100) Rebuild->Cap 1 secured $200->TU 610 EQ/EX 640, Shell $500 (cli) $750, Macy's $500, Bloomie's $500 ->(cli $1.2K), Victorias' Secret $750->(cli 1K) (level 2 moves) NFCU Visa Signature $15K/$20K, USAA $4K, Amex Blue $9K/$37K, Amex Costco $10.5K Penfed Visa $2.5K, OCCU Beaver $20K, Amex SP Gold(no limit), Chase PRG 26K ~ MyFico TU775 EQ789 EX766 / $0-$200,000 CL in just 18 months.
Message 262 of 564
camaross
Established Member

Studiogeek..... Is your card currently working at the moment? I just recieved my first statement from them today, was wondering if maybe I pay them they will unblock my card?
Message 263 of 564
hammertime
New Contributor

Didn't work for me.  I made payment over $500 and it didn't matter.

Message 264 of 564
sunlite88

I applied for a beaver card ,even though I already had a Duckcard I just got back a decline  after 25 days  The reason: Duplicate account

! So wo knows maybe the whole problem was caused by people grabbing both cards! something they dont do any more.

also my card still doesnt work , please report if you are turned back on

Message 265 of 564
kromerok
Established Member

How recent was the decline?

Message 266 of 564
sagehet
Established Member

If your accounts still aren't working you may want to plan for them to never work. Think about it do you really think after 17 days this is a security breach?

Message 267 of 564
studiogeek
Valued Member

"Studiogeek..... Is your card currently working at the moment? I just recieved my first statement from them today, was wondering if maybe I pay them they will unblock my card?"

Yes,

After the payment, it never went back down. I have pushed through 1.5K and paid 1.1K before first statement has cut. I don't even know what date that will be. I dont see it on the site.

Aug 2012 TU/EQ/EX 500's (zero positive credit, one 6 year old CO for $1100) Rebuild->Cap 1 secured $200->TU 610 EQ/EX 640, Shell $500 (cli) $750, Macy's $500, Bloomie's $500 ->(cli $1.2K), Victorias' Secret $750->(cli 1K) (level 2 moves) NFCU Visa Signature $15K/$20K, USAA $4K, Amex Blue $9K/$37K, Amex Costco $10.5K Penfed Visa $2.5K, OCCU Beaver $20K, Amex SP Gold(no limit), Chase PRG 26K ~ MyFico TU775 EQ789 EX766 / $0-$200,000 CL in just 18 months.
Message 268 of 564
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

For everyones information: If you recently applied for this card and are waiting on a decision you can pretty much expect a decline, a thread on this site over the weekend indicated the only reason for that persons decline was "not a member of the CU". It is obvious you will now have to qualify to join the CU before you can app for the Beaver/Duck cards. For those of you who have cards that are in hand but frozen you are just going to have to wait for them to do whatever they are going to do.

Message 269 of 564
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

My Duck card was apped/recd 10/13, with a 20k limit. It was used only for a BT (4.5k), which was paid off in full approx 1/23. Tried to use card today for 11.99 at Amazon, and was denied. I called and was told that a "hold" was placed on the account (actually he said several accounts) as a result of a 'possible compromise' of data. He stated that "several accounts may have been involved in someone trying to steal data from us, and are under investigation." He had no word on when the investigation would be complete, but stated that they were told that cardholders were supposedly informed via mail, and that based on the phone calls they have been receiving, apparently people have not received any notifications of anything. Lol

I only tried to use it for Amazon because I figured I should try it to see if my card would work. No dice. Glad it is not my only card.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 270 of 564
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.