cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCCU Duck and Beaver cards compromised. Keep an eye on your accounts....

tag
Bullfincher

Re: OCCU Duck and Beaver cards compromised. Keep an eye on your accounts....

Happy I really don't think Oregon Community Credit Union cares. This was handled by their subsidiary. If they cared they would respond to people but you can see from this page they haven't. One person reported his Facebook post was removed when he asked for help too.

And they won't replace the non working cards people have unless they reapply. So is it really a compromised event.

These accounts aren't going to be unfrozen and nobody will ever be given an explanation which I think by now for many is a violation of the law because technically they will have never allowed access to the accounts which means people were defacto denied and letters were never sent.

Message 311 of 564
Bullfincher

I believe this qualifies as adverse action. Many would now be approaching 30 days since having their accounts adversely affected without any type of notification.

Isn't that a requirement of credit laws? If they took adverse action in closing and freezing accounts aren't they legally required to tell customers?
Message 312 of 564
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

I just find it bizarre that they haven't informed customers by either phone, email or letter about their frozen account.  I don't buy any data breach theory as they would be legally obliged to inform all customers and stakeholders if their personal infomration may have been compromised.  Customers have only known their accounts have been frozen by attempting to use their cards and getting 'declined' at checkout. It will be interesting to see the reason behind it all, but then again we may never know since they dont communicate with their customers.

Message 313 of 564
Bullfincher

Happy it's adverse action without notification. The clock is ticking they only have a few days left to notify customers or pay up for violations.

For those that applied more than 30 days ago and cannot still use their cards AND were denied a point of sale transaction I believe a violation may already have occurred.
Message 314 of 564
toi34
Established Contributor

Has anyone filed a formal complaint with the CFPB? That would have been the first thing I would have done had my card been arbritrarily frozen for a long period of time without explanation.

Message 315 of 564
ArCpa
Contributor

The CFBP does not govern Credit Unions .

CC: Amex Green ( NPSL) Amex BCE ( 38.1 K ) US Bank Sig Cash ( 20K ) Pen Fed (42K) Chase Freedom ( 7.5K) Discover More (22K ) Cap 1 QSilver (10K) Barclays Rewards (9K) Care Credit (5.5k) Sears (12K) JC Pennys (6K) Dell (15K) Key Bank (19k ) Key Bank (16K) FFO (7.5 K) Shell ( 600) OCCU ( 20K ) City TY (10.5K) CSP (17.5k) Regions ( 18K )Simmons (15K) Regions BLOC (125K) Fuel Rewards MC(10K )Amex Hilton ( 23k)

TU ( MFICO 5/11/14) 812
EQ ( MFICO 5/11/14) 790
EX ( MFICO 5/11/14) 805

Message 316 of 564
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@ArCpa wrote:

The CFBP does not govern Credit Unions .

It does if they have assets of 10 bil and more. Any bank or CU with assets below this threshold are supervised by their regulatory agency and the CFPB will forward compaints they receive.

Message 317 of 564
Bullfincher

If they don't clear these accounts by the end of the week I will file every complaint possible. I do believe this is clear adverse action with a failure to notify. It's going on a month for many of us without explanation.

They granted people credit and sent cards in the mail. Cards were activated but have never been usable. There has never been a notification as to why and people are reporting POS transactions are being denied and all communications ignored.

I wonder if they realize how potentially serious and costly these violations are?
Message 318 of 564
xerostatus
Regular Contributor

@Bullfincher wrote:
If they don't clear these accounts by the end of the week I will file every complaint possible. I do believe this is clear adverse action with a failure to notify. It's going on a month for many of us without explanation.

They granted people credit and sent cards in the mail. Cards were activated but have never been usable. There has never been a notification as to why and people are reporting POS transactions are being denied and all communications ignored.

I wonder if they realize how potentially serious and costly these violations are?

If and when you do, I would also like to jump on the bandwagon. It might be helpful if you posted an appropriate link and/or sample template of aforementioned complaint(s). I for one don't think this can be dismissed as a "oh well" situation and that we should just quietly back down. I have never heard of anything so disgraceful (and I bank with Chase, fer cryin' out loud) from a financial institution. I want this whole snafu to at least sting a little bit for them.

Message 319 of 564
Maddog_
Contributor

My account has been frozen since Jan 25th.  I found out when I called Customer No Service on 2/18 to do a BT.   I have not been able to get a human being at Card Services or OCCU to tell me the truth.  I logged into my account today and for the first time everthing is gone.  Looks like I have been cancelled without being told I am cancelled. Burned by the duck.  Now, what about the AAoA burn and the inquiry burns on my account ?  This is so unfair !

Message 320 of 564
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.