cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCCU Duck and Beaver cards compromised. Keep an eye on your accounts....

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: OCCU Duck and Beaver cards compromised. Keep an eye on your accounts....

@xerostatus wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

I just logged into my account and the account is still open. 

Ron.

Are you at all remotely in a different position than the rest of us?

That is, I'm wondering why you're account is still open... do you live in Oregon? Are you a member of myfico's new favorite credit union, occu? xD

No, I don't live in Oregon.

Ron.

Message 351 of 564
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@xerostatus wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

That is, I'm wondering why you're account is still open... do you live in Oregon? Are you a member of myfico's new favorite credit union, occu? xD

Ron.

I'm north, you're south...Smiley Wink

Message 352 of 564
Chris87
Established Member

Mine is closed too apparently.  Just logged in and all of my account information is gone.  I would never do business with this credit union again.  They are extremely unprofessional.

Message 353 of 564
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@Chris87 wrote:

Mine is closed too apparently.  Just logged in and all of my account information is gone.  I would never do business with this credit union again.  They are extremely unprofessional.

Start adding info here, people...

When did you use the card last, prior to closure?

Message 354 of 564
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@TRC2k13 wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

This appears to be a prime example of "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is." The Duck and Beaver were definitely on my wish list for the fall or next yr when my Equifax surpassed 700 due to all the hype. I think this should be a lesson learned for all of us to be more cautious when jumping on the bandwagon of the next hot thing. Apparently this has happened before. Word spreading like wildfire on this forum and others of loopholes or backdoor ways into CUs passing out high limits like candy only for it to all end in disaster such as this. I sure hope that all of you that are affected by this fiasco will not have this TL reported negatively and in fact have it removed completely. Good luck!

Absolutely...  I've read so many threads about people getting the Duck/Beaver card with limits 5x or 10x their next highest limit.

Really?  That wouldn't strike a red flag?  It would with me especially since it's not with BECU... my local CU that I do all my business with.

I was never approved for anywhere near 5x my next highest limit and my EQ score from their letter was 785 AAoA 3 years.  Yes, I can see them taking a step back from those with below average credit.  And I don't know where anybody can confidently say those approved were through some "loophole."  Apparently word of mouth advertising is something they're not interested in. 

Also, if they've closed this so-called loophole, why are they still HP for individuals they deem ineligible?  It isn't that difficult from a programming perspective to weed it out, unless they like paying for HP in vain.

Message 355 of 564
Chris87
Established Member

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

@Chris87 wrote:

Start adding info here, people...

When did you use the card last, prior to closure?

I should have been more specific in my last post.  I only used the card one time (when I initially received it).  I had attempted to use it shortly thereafter and it was declined.  I had contacted customer service and was informed that there was a "watch" placed on my account due to a compromise.  This was obviously a lie as indicated by other posts.

Message 356 of 564
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

@Anonymous - sure thing. at least some of us got through the gauntlet. i'll take that as a win Smiley Happy

@TravellingNomad wrote:

@Anonymous - yeah everything was gone. although i was able to login, my name, address, cc limits, and the declined transaction was gone. only info was the last 4 numbers of the account. the limit on the card was $10k.

@gdale - thanks for the info.

@Burned2many... - no sp's from them. was never able to use the card at all from the get go.

Don't get "legal action" hungry quite yet. They still have 30 to 45 days (can't recall which) to give you a letter of explanation for TL closing, from the date the card was killed. They don't need to notify you first.

nah...not legal action hungry. not angry about not being notified first. i half expected this day to come. at least now csr said letter was being mailed as to why account was closed, as opposed to not knowing anything.

Message 357 of 564
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@xerostatus wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

Ron.

Ron, did you get that referral email from OCCU a while back? Think it was $25 bucks a head...

Message 358 of 564
Ron1
Super Contributor

@B335is wrote:

@TRC2k13 wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

This appears to be a prime example of "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is." The Duck and Beaver were definitely on my wish list for the fall or next yr when my Equifax surpassed 700 due to all the hype. I think this should be a lesson learned for all of us to be more cautious when jumping on the bandwagon of the next hot thing. Apparently this has happened before. Word spreading like wildfire on this forum and others of loopholes or backdoor ways into CUs passing out high limits like candy only for it to all end in disaster such as this. I sure hope that all of you that are affected by this fiasco will not have this TL reported negatively and in fact have it removed completely. Good luck!

Absolutely...  I've read so many threads about people getting the Duck/Beaver card with limits 5x or 10x their next highest limit.

Really?  That wouldn't strike a red flag?  It would with me especially since it's not with BECU... my local CU that I do all my business with.

I was never approved for anywhere near 5x my next highest limit and my EQ score from their letter was 785 AAoA 3 years.  Yes, I can see them taking a step back from those with below average credit.  And I don't know where anybody can confidently say those approved were through some "loophole."  Apparently word of mouth advertising is something they're not interested in. 

Also, if they've closed this so-called loophole, why are they still HP for individuals they deem ineligible?  It isn't that difficult from a programming perspective to weed it out, unless they like paying for HP in vain.

There is no loophole to get the card except you live in OR or the members of the CU.  Smiley Sad

Anyone who 1) lives or works in our 28-county area, illustrated below, 2) is an immediate family member of an OCCU member or someone living in the membership area, 3) is a University of Oregon student or alumni, or 4) is a state employee can join Oregon Community Credit Union.

Ron.

Message 359 of 564
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@xerostatus wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

Ron.

Ron, did you get that referral email from OCCU a while back? Think it was $25 bucks a head...

I didn't get $25 referral email. I didn't apply thru amazon marketplace like new earth. I hope his account is still open. He was the first one getting approved.

Ron.

Message 360 of 564
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.