cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCCU Duck and Beaver cards compromised. Keep an eye on your accounts....

tag
alvon123
Super Contributor

Re: OCCU Duck and Beaver cards compromised. Keep an eye on your accounts....

Just logged into my Beaver account (opened Oct 16) , looks like everything is still there, they haven't closed my account yet.. (knock on wood).

Looks like I will have to check my online account every few days to see if they close it.Smiley Surprised

Message 391 of 564
Ron1
Super Contributor

@alvon123 wrote:

Just logged into my Beaver account (opened Oct 16) , looks like everything is still there, they haven't closed my account yet.. (knock on wood).

Looks like I will have to check my online account every few days to see if they close it.Smiley Surprised

Nice to hear. Do you have both cards or just one?

Ron.

Message 392 of 564
camaross
Established Member

Just called they closed mine. So over this stupid card. How do we pay now?
Message 393 of 564
sagehet
Established Member

Shameful credit union and the CEO is a coward for not responding to people. The worst debt collectors or predatory lenders
Respond. Shame on you.

They bailed and hurt people. The new lines and inquires will people for years to come. Cowards at the credit union and you should all file BBb complaints. Imagine if this was your home loan? Cowards
Message 394 of 564
Ron1
Super Contributor

@camaross wrote:
Just called they closed mine. So over this stupid card. How do we pay now?

Yes, you can use own bank online bill pay. I just added them into online bill pay in case they close mine. 

Ron.

Message 395 of 564
Maddog_
Contributor

If it walks like a duck and squawks like a duck, then it must be a -uck !
Message 396 of 564
TRC2k13
Regular Contributor

I'm amazed nobody saw this coming.

So let me get this straight... A credit union that doesn't require membership is offering huge limit cards... In some cases 5x or more bigger than the consumers biggest line... @ 0% for a year with cash back rewards and nobody thought the ship would eventually sink?

I doubt there was a compromise. OCCU just got in way over their heads with the lending.

The card never appealed to me because I got the same deal with my CU that I have a membership with... Glad I didn't get caught up in all the hype.
Message 397 of 564
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@TRC2k13 wrote:
I'm amazed nobody saw this coming.

@Anonymous let me get this straight... A credit union that doesn't require membership is offering huge limit cards... In some cases 5x or more bigger than the consumers biggest line... @ 0% for a year with cash back rewards and nobody thought the ship would eventually sink?

I doubt there was a compromise. OCCU just got in way over their heads with the lending.

The card never appealed to me because I got the same deal with my CU that I have a membership with... Glad I didn't get caught up in all the hype.

We get it already, like I said before there are a lot of people with good credit who gave this card a shot. Your "I told you so" posts aren't particularly helpful. 

Message 398 of 564
ArCpa
Contributor

Just got off the phone with a rep. Called and asked if my payment posted. I knew it did , was just BS them. Talked to her about my account , she asked if I had any problems . Told her my account was frozen for 3 days, but everthing has been fine since. We talked about all the problems lately, could tell she was reading from a script. I applied for this card in Dec with my Fiance, since she is builing her credit. I told the rep that my Fiance was a Oregon Alum which she is. The rep rudely told me it doesn't matter if you qualify , if they decide to cancel your account that's their choice. My account is fine. But after my phone call, I have a feeling that alot of people will be getting their acounts closed.

CC: Amex Green ( NPSL) Amex BCE ( 38.1 K ) US Bank Sig Cash ( 20K ) Pen Fed (42K) Chase Freedom ( 7.5K) Discover More (22K ) Cap 1 QSilver (10K) Barclays Rewards (9K) Care Credit (5.5k) Sears (12K) JC Pennys (6K) Dell (15K) Key Bank (19k ) Key Bank (16K) FFO (7.5 K) Shell ( 600) OCCU ( 20K ) City TY (10.5K) CSP (17.5k) Regions ( 18K )Simmons (15K) Regions BLOC (125K) Fuel Rewards MC(10K )Amex Hilton ( 23k)

TU ( MFICO 5/11/14) 812
EQ ( MFICO 5/11/14) 790
EX ( MFICO 5/11/14) 805

Message 399 of 564
TRC2k13
Regular Contributor

@B335is wrote:

We get it already, like I said before there are a lot of people with good credit who gave this card a shot. Your "I told you so" posts aren't particularly helpful. 

My bad...  I'm in the rebuilding mode and have achieved a goal that I set last May... getting my foot in the door with my own CU with a CC with a nice limit.  I got there in December and will garden for 2 years.  I don't have a need for additional cards no matter how high of a limit they tease me with...

The fact that OCCU didn't require membership was the biggest red flag for me... never heard of that with a credit union.

Message 400 of 564
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.