cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCCU Duck and Beaver cards compromised. Keep an eye on your accounts....

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: OCCU Duck and Beaver cards compromised. Keep an eye on your accounts....

@gdale6 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@sagehet wrote:
Are they even allowed by law to lend to non members? No, but its not  OCCU that is issuing the cards, they are issued by OCCU Card Services LLC, a partially owned subsidiary of OCCU. OCCU Card Services LLC is owned by OCCU & The OSU Alumni Assoc, therefore legally OCCU card services LLC is not bound by CU law and can issue cards to anyone they deem acceptable to them.

Aren't they required to be a federal credit union at that point? No, a CUs charter can either be State or Federal

What OCCU tried to do was operate in a national field but was not prepared to do so, that is painfully obvious.

PSU Aluni Association doesn't own OCCU Card Services. OCCU issues Duck Card, The Beaver Card and NICE Card.  According to the Annual Report 2012, the  credit card is managed and underwritten right over there in Oregon.

https://www.oregoncommunitycu.org/sites/default/files/OCCU_2012_AnnualReport_web.pdf

Ron.

The info I receive on ownership was from their main lawyers pages awhile ago that stated OCCU and OSU Alumni Assoc in a joint ownership venture introduce the 2 new cards Duck & Beaver. I tried to verify who currently owns OCCU Card Services LLC but could not as the Oregon Sec of States online pages were taken offline Feb 4 due to security problems, so at this point I have no idea who has their hands in the ownership pot. Personally I would not believe a word any piece of paper from anyone involved has to say (Sec of State exempted from this stmt) they are proven to be dishonest in the way they have handled this blunder.

OSU Alumni might  own the card services.  One thing we are sure. They didn't sent to Columbus GA for underwriting.  They do their underwriting for their credit cards.

Ron.

Message 441 of 564
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Lemondrops63 wrote:

I'm November 2013- Nothing yet

Good for you. Do you have both cards? Did you BT? Are you in OR?

Ron.

Message 442 of 564
krial
Regular Contributor

I was approved for my Beaver card in the middle of December. It worked fine for a month or so, and then quit working. My online account stuff all looked good, just no charges would go through.

Since I haven't tried it in over a month, I went ahead and used it today for a $2 eBay purchase and it went through with no trouble.

Edit: I live in Michigan

Goal: 800, Current Scores: EX 735, EQ 746, TU 745
Message 443 of 564
Ron1
Super Contributor

@krial wrote:

I was approved for my Beaver card in the middle of December. It worked fine for a month or so, and then quit working. My online account stuff all looked good, just no charges would go through.

Since I haven't tried it in over a month, I went ahead and used it today for a $2 eBay purchase and it went through with no trouble.

Edit: I live in Michigan

You are lucky. Smiley Happy

Ron.

Message 444 of 564
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

Got the Beaver in early December, and did a BT in January.  As of now I've still got access to everything when I log in.  I had to call CS on Saturday because I entered the wrong password too many times and got locked out, but the rep was very nice and reset it for me.  So far everything is still a go.  I'm just not real hopeful that it will continue to stay open based on what I've been reading.

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 445 of 564
hammertime
New Contributor

Got my Duck Card Nov 2013.  20K limit, never used it.  Account reported today as closed on Equifax Score Watch.  Score dropped 8 points.  I don't intend to make any major purchases in the near future.  Score will recover later this year.  What a fiasco of incompetence.

Message 446 of 564
alvon123
Super Contributor

@hammertime wrote:

Got my Duck Card Nov 2013.  20K limit, never used it.  Account reported today as closed on Equifax Score Watch.  Score dropped 8 points.  I don't intend to make any major purchases in the near future.  Score will recover later this year.  What a fiasco of incompetence.

Sorry to hear about that.. did OCCU even send you a letter about the reason why they closed your account?

Message 447 of 564
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Anyone notice the card manager links for all their cards are now "invalid?"

The account online is wirking. They pulled it down for maintance.

Ron.

Yeah, I checked it about six. Starting to think they're "reverse engineering" the closure process, moving from the rear (new apps) towards the front (older cards), until the magic "safe zone" is obtained. 

Still on. Limit/balance/payment option.

Any others from August approval have problems?

I thought they were going to  remove credit card account online and it merge with internet banking. At the same time, they closed all non-member account compared with their own member database.  I checked mine and everything is still here. I could check the online statement. It seems ok. at this point. I talked to someone from this board and he's the first one getting approved. His card is still on.

Ron.

Try your card, Ron. I bet it's still on. Our profiles are similar, and I still have full charge power. No issues/delays.

Authorizations Summary

Date  Time  Type Response MCC  Amount

02/24/201409:19(private)Approvedxxxx$11.66
02/24/201409:19(private)Approvedxxxx$620.00
02/24/201409:12(private)Approvedxxxx$3.48
02/24/201409:12(private)Approvedxxxx$88.85
Message 448 of 564
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

Yeah, I checked it about six. Starting to think they're "reverse engineering" the closure process, moving from the rear (new apps) towards the front (older cards), until the magic "safe zone" is obtained. 

I thought they were going to  remove credit card account online and it merge with internet banking. At the same time, they closed all non-member account compared with their own member database.  I checked mine and everything is still here. I could check the online statement. It seems ok. at this point. I talked to someone from this board and he's the first one getting approved. His card is still on.

Ron.

Try your card, Ron. I bet it's still on. Our profiles are similar, and I still have full charge power. No issues/delays.

Authorizations Summary

Thanks for your reply. I just logged into my account. I was able to access my previous online statement. Everything is still on and it's showing CL, avail.CL etc. How did you check your card if it is still good? When did you open? Do you both cards?

Ron.

Message 449 of 564
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

Ron.

Authorizations Summary

Thanks for your reply. I just logged into my account. I was able to access my previous online statement. Everything is still on and it's showing CL, avail.CL etc. How did you check your card if it is still good? When did you open? Do you both cards?

Ron.

Aug '13 approval. Only the Beaver. Light use/heavy spend. The charges above are from this morning. I'm good.

Message 450 of 564
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.