cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCCU Duck and Beaver cards compromised. Keep an eye on your accounts....

tag
sagehet
Established Member

Re: OCCU Duck and Beaver cards compromised. Keep an eye on your accounts....

They're working backwards.

Looks like once they get around to suspending accounts each subsequent usage attempt can yield a hard pull.

Remember they said this was a potential compromise and that they locked cards to see who was using them? Does anyone still believe that?

I wonder what type of reciprocal adverse action is coming when creditors see "closed by lender" and a bunch of hard pulls?
Message 451 of 564
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@sagehet wrote:

Looks like once they get around to suspending accounts each subsequent usage attempt can yield a hard pull.

Remember they said this was a potential compromise and that they locked cards to see who was using them? Does anyone still believe that?

I wonder what type of reciprocal adverse action is coming when creditors see "closed by lender" and a bunch of hard pulls?

They're looking for non used accounts (utilization padders), then going into risk after that.

Message 452 of 564
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Anyone notice the card manager links for all their cards are now "invalid?"

The account online is wirking. They pulled it down for maintance.

Ron.

Yeah, I checked it about six. Starting to think they're "reverse engineering" the closure process, moving from the rear (new apps) towards the front (older cards), until the magic "safe zone" is obtained. 

Still on. Limit/balance/payment option.

Any others from August approval have problems?

I thought they were going to  remove credit card account online and it merge with internet banking. At the same time, they closed all non-member account compared with their own member database.  I checked mine and everything is still here. I could check the online statement. It seems ok. at this point. I talked to someone from this board and he's the first one getting approved. His card is still on.

Ron.

Try your card, Ron. I bet it's still on. Our profiles are similar, and I still have full charge power. No issues/delays.

Authorizations Summary

Date  Time  Type Response MCC  Amount

02/24/201409:19(private)Approvedxxxx$11.66
02/24/201409:19(private)Approvedxxxx$620.00
02/24/201409:12(private)Approvedxxxx$3.48
02/24/201409:12(private)Approvedxxxx$88.85

Thanks for your reply. I just logged into my account. I was able to access my previous online statement. Everything is still on and it's showing CL, avail.CL etc. How did you check your card if it is still good? When did you open? Do you both cards?

Ron.

Aug '13 approval. Only the Beaver. Light use/heavy spend. The charges above are from this morning. I'm good.

Thanks for the info. It's good to know. Smiley Very HappyI haven't used the card for months since Oct. I used the card to buy cellular phone at Best Buy. 

Ron.

Message 453 of 564
Ron1
Super Contributor

@sagehet wrote:

They're looking for non used accounts (utilization padders), then going into risk after that.

It might be. I haven't used since Oct. My card is still good. (I think).  I was able to see everything such as online statements, CL, avail.CL.  They could have re-issued the card if it was security issue like other issuers. They found this excuse to close people's without membership.

Ron.

Message 454 of 564
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

@sagehet wrote:

Not sure about this. I apped 9/13. Used card for BT (at time of card opening),  and a few little charges. Then made regular payments, PIF 1/24/14. My card was closed. The only way I was aware of any problem was reading on the boards. Then I tried a small chard $10 on Amazon and got the song and dance about the compromise. I also didn't have any subsequent HP's (or softs for that matter).

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 455 of 564
hammertime
New Contributor

No.  Not one piece of correspondence either email or phone.

Message 456 of 564
hammertime
New Contributor

No letter, phone call, or email.  Just closed account and reported to CRA as "Closed by Credit Grantor".

Message 457 of 564
Ron1
Super Contributor

@hammertime wrote:

No letter, phone call, or email.  Just closed account and reported to CRA as "Closed by Credit Grantor".

Did they close your account after statement was ended? When did you open your account?

Ron.

Message 458 of 564
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

FYI - My statement closes today, so I expect it to say closed and report as such to the credit bureaus. I can get on the online access, but all info related to a credit line, etc. is gone. I called and they said the account was closed and I would get a letter.

For people who are not seeing anything on their online access, it probably won't reprt to the bureaus as closed until your last statement cuts.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 459 of 564
Ron1
Super Contributor

@emptypockets wrote:

FYI - My statement closes today, so I expect it to say closed and report as such to the credit bureaus. I can get on the online access, but all info related to a credit line, etc. is gone. I called and they said the account was closed and I would get a letter.

For people who are not seeing anything on their online access, it probably won't reprt to the bureaus as closed until your last statement cuts.

My statement also closes today. I don't know we're all get the same statement closing day.  I just want to see they close my account after the statement closes later on today.

Ron.

Message 460 of 564
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.