cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCCU Duck and Beaver cards compromised. Keep an eye on your accounts....

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: OCCU Duck and Beaver cards compromised. Keep an eye on your accounts....

@Blackrv7 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@omaha96 wrote:
Do you live in Oregon ?

I doesn't matter if the person live in OR. He/she needs to be the member to keep the account open. In order to qualify for the membership, 1) lives or works in our 28-county area, illustrated below, 2) is an immediate family member of an OCCU member or someone living in the membership area, 3) is a University of Oregon student or alumni, or 4) is a state employee can join Oregon Community Credit Union.

Ron.

Ron, do they say that "to keep your account" or are they now saying you must be a member to apply. 

That could be two totally different scenerios.  Just wondering.

They didn't say.  Now, they don't have the application page to apply for the card. Appy link re-direct to member sign-up to apply for the card. You need to open a deposit account to create account.  It ask me the eligibility to open membership. I don't think I qualify. I cannot apply for any new card without joining OCCU. I heard from people (from other forums) got reject due to non-members. I would lay low. There is nothing I can do if they close mine.

Ron.

Message 471 of 564
gambit2083
Valued Member

@Ron1 wrote:

@Blackrv7 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@omaha96 wrote:
Do you live in Oregon ?

I doesn't matter if the person live in OR. He/she needs to be the member to keep the account open. In order to qualify for the membership, 1) lives or works in our 28-county area, illustrated below, 2) is an immediate family member of an OCCU member or someone living in the membership area, 3) is a University of Oregon student or alumni, or 4) is a state employee can join Oregon Community Credit Union.

Ron.

Ron, do they say that "to keep your account" or are they now saying you must be a member to apply. 

They didn't say.  Now, they don't have the application page to apply for the card. Appy link re-direct to member sign-up to apply for the card. You need to open a deposit account to create account.  It ask me the eligibility to open membership. I don't think I qualify. I cannot apply for any new card without joining OCCU. I heard from people (from other forums) got reject due to non-members. I would lay low. There is nothing I can do if they close mine.

Ron.

I have been following this for a while and I am also waiting on to see how this turns out. My card was suspended at one time due to it being one of the card numbers pulled at target when that whole fiasco went down. They sent me a new card back in the mail and I have been good and able to use it ever since without any issues. (Just used it about 10 mins ago on my insurance, worked fine ) Mine came to me in mid - late NOV for 10K, BUT I did do a BT when I apped for the card for the 0%. Im at about  46% uti on the card. My statement just cut as well on the 21st and I do not live in Oregon.

OSU Beaver Cash Back Visa - $10k / Discover IT - $5.2k / BOA Cash Rewards Visa - $3.5k / CFCU Visa - $2k / Quicksilver One MC - $2k / Freedom Visa - $1k / Store Cards - 5k (Goal Cards: AMEX Costco TE, BCE, CSP, & US Bank Cash+) * Gardening until June 2014*
Message 472 of 564
Ron1
Super Contributor

@gambit2083 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@Blackrv7 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@omaha96 wrote:
Do you live in Oregon ?

Ron.

Ron.

I have been following this for a while and I am also waiting on to see how this turns out. My card was suspended at one time due to it being one of the card numbers pulled at target when that whole fiasco went down. They sent me a new card back in the mail and I have been good and able to use it ever since without any issues. (Just used it about 10 mins ago on my insurance, worked fine ) Mine came to me in mid - late NOV for 10K, BUT I did do a BT when I apped for the card for the 0%. Im at about  46% uti on the card. My statement just cut as well on the 21st and I do not live in Oregon.

Thanks for the info.  You got lucky. You account got unsuspended and a new card.  We don't get the same statement date. My statement is supposed to be closed tonight. So they have two statement dates 21 and 24. I haven't tried to use it lately. I just put 1 purchase on the card to take adavntage 0%. I used like $500.

Ron.

Message 473 of 564
xerostatus
Regular Contributor

@jumpinjax wrote:
Occu is going to remove the inquiry from cr, as per csr. They sent out a letter yesterday to explain the process to those affected. It was bank policy and will not negatively affect your credit standing. Hope this msg helps. I was a cardholder as well.

Er, isn't this pretty big?

Everyone else seems to be glossing over this...

Can anyone else confirm this?

Message 474 of 564
jbimler
Established Member

So did all the Duck and Beaver cards get cancelled? Tried to use my Beaver card for the first time today (had it like three months) it was declinced. I already knew the Duck card might not ever come back. This depresses me because I had both cards at 20k CL. 

Message 475 of 564
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

@Happychap wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@omaha96 wrote:
Do you live in Oregon ?

Ron.

I don't see any pattern in accounts being closed. If it were a member and non member issue then mime as others would also be closed. Also, if it was simply because you need be a member, then they should have at least gave cardholders the opportunity to apply to be members rather than just close down accounts. After all some cardholders may actually be entitled to membership.  Also, even if your not entitled to be a member right now, you can simply join the the Alumni ($55 fee) to be eligible to be a member. I'll be interested to see what the letters say what people will soon be getting. BTW mine still working as of today.

I agree.  We don't have nearly enough data points to determine what the criteria is for being closed.  It is jumping to conclusions to say all non-OCCU members cc's will be closed.

Mine is up and working, never frozen to my knowledge.  My statement closed on the 20th.  But from this thread there are people who have higher CL's, lower CL's, did a BT, didn't do a BT, carry a balance, don't carry a balance, heavy card users, light/never card users that have had their card closed.

So until we either have some conmmunication from OCCU or a lot more reports of closing/non-closing, so we can determine a common thread, it's all just speculation.

Message 476 of 564
Blackrv7
Frequent Contributor

@sillykitty1 wrote:

I agree.  We don't have nearly enough data points to determine what the criteria is for being closed.  It is jumping to conclusions to say all non-OCCU members cc's will be closed.

Mine is up and working, never frozen to my knowledge.  My statement closed on the 20th.  But from this thread there are people who have higher CL's, lower CL's, did a BT, didn't do a BT, carry a balance, don't carry a balance, heavy card users, light/never card users that have had their card closed.

So until we either have some conmmunication from OCCU or a lot more reports of closing/non-closing, so we can determine a common thread, it's all just speculation.

Agreed.  There certainly doesn't appear to be enough clear cut data points to connect any dots.  I'm planning on continuing with the card status quo, just not going to have it as my one and only card in my wallet until the dust settles.  Best of luck to all involved.

Current myFico EX 734, EQ 777, TU 742
AAoA 6 years 3 months, Length 25 years 2 months

Message 477 of 564
Lemondrops63
Valued Member

I just checked mine and my closing date is 4th

Message 478 of 564
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

@Blackrv7 wrote:

@sillykitty1 wrote:

Agreed.  There certainly doesn't appear to be enough clear cut data points to connect any dots.  I'm planning on continuing with the card status quo, just not going to have it as my one and only card in my wallet until the dust settles.  Best of luck to all involved.

+1. I am not sweating mine being closed, easy come, easy go. Just glad I decided to PIF that account before it was suspended/closed. Would have hated to owe 4k on a closed account.

I was just adding my data points, so people were not thinking they were safe because they got in before the rush, etc. I hope whoever gets their letter first will post a copy, so we can compare the explanations given.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 479 of 564
Ron1
Super Contributor

We tried to figure out why they closed so many accounts. We don't know why they closed any credit union members. Has anyone gotten the letters? I just got my mail today and there wasn't any letter from them.

Ron.

Message 480 of 564
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.