cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCCU Duck and Beaver cards compromised. Keep an eye on your accounts....

tag
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

Re: OCCU Duck and Beaver cards compromised. Keep an eye on your accounts....

@sagehet wrote:
Xxid if we are a week into them knowing and taking action by freezing cards and I've lost my information and still nothing from them..I will be first in line.

This is a major deal....going to get a new license and all sorts of other mayhem.

This definitely worries me too. I just applied this past thursday and they called yesterday to verify my information, so I'm not sure if anything is wrong on my end.

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 91 of 564
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@sagehet wrote:
Xxid if we are a week into them knowing and taking action by freezing cards and I've lost my information and still nothing from them..I will be first in line.

This is a major deal....going to get a new license and all sorts of other mayhem.

This definitely worries me too. I just applied this past thursday and they called yesterday to verify my information, so I'm not sure if anything is wrong on my end.

Not to mention, no one is answering the phone. Grr.

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 92 of 564
Lemondrops63
Valued Member

Very true - They're not answering their phones.

Message 93 of 564
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

@omaha96 wrote:

You can no longer apply online for the Duck card. You must call now.  So I am sure they our looking more closely before approving accounts.

It looks like you can call to apply, or go into a branch. When you go through OCCU's website (not directly to www.theduckcard.com) it looks like they may be switching to where only members can apply. The page has a link to become a member: https://www.oregoncommunitycu.org/credit-cards/duck-card

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 94 of 564
sagehet
Established Member

They've removed the ability to apply online whether you're a full member or not.

This is a huge mess for them whatever the issue is, doesn't appear to be resolving cleanly.

Message 95 of 564
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

Yep and I've been on hold for 15 minutes. Ill be sitting here until someone answers.
Message 96 of 564
ayles
Established Contributor

I just activated my card online and it activated successfully.  Then I set my account online and it said my available balance was $500 which is my credit limit.  But then I went to the Target/Experience website that I recently enrolled in and tried to purchase the 3 in 1 credit report and score just to see if my card would work and it was declined.  On the Duck card website it is listed as "Online payment-declined."  So...I'm assuming my card is a part of this mess too Smiley Mad

Current scores: myFICO: 670/TU(Wal): 664/TU(Dis): 659 (Goal: 700)
Last app: 1/3/2014; (Prayerfully!) gardening until: 7/3/2014

~I'm living for an audience of One!
Message 97 of 564
ayles
Established Contributor

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:
Yep and I've been on hold for 15 minutes. Ill be sitting here until someone answers.

I'm on hold too Smiley Indifferent

Current scores: myFICO: 670/TU(Wal): 664/TU(Dis): 659 (Goal: 700)
Last app: 1/3/2014; (Prayerfully!) gardening until: 7/3/2014

~I'm living for an audience of One!
Message 98 of 564
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

Still pending approval. Argh.
Message 99 of 564
waiter
Regular Contributor

I was on hold for 28 mins and i gave up... My Geico payment was declined, and it shoed up on my beaver card online... it says transaction declined, and when i click on the declined transaction this is what it gives me..

Merchant Information
 GEICO
 WASHINGTON ,  DC   224120000

DateJan 29 2014
 Time11:50
 Amount$235.10
 Currency CodeUS Dollar (USD)
 Merchant Category Code6300
 Merchant ID Number174164517990 X
 Response ReasonCAUTION ACCOUNT
 Acquiring Bank ID449215
 TypeBill Payment

RESPONSE REASON........CAUTION ACCOUNT?????????

Message 100 of 564
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.