cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCCU Duck and Beaver cards compromised. Keep an eye on your accounts....

tag
ncogngro
Valued Member

Re: OCCU Duck and Beaver cards compromised. Keep an eye on your accounts....

Hi all.

I don't post much here but I felt that I should give an update on both my duck and beaver cards.  I logged onto the websites this morning and noticed that there were no information listed.  I called the 855 number and the automated information gave me my card information.  When I talked with the CSR about my account, she informed me that my accounts were closed!!!!Smiley Mad  No reason why.  Will receive a letter in 7-10 days.  That leaves a bad taste in my  mouth.  If they would've done this 4 weeks ago when all of this started, I wouldn't be as upset.  Oh well.  At least I was able to do a BT on a very high interest load for 0%.  

Closed Accounts

CH 7 Discharged 11/05/20. Scores on 11/09/20:

Scores on 01/11/21:

3 Month Post Discharge Fico 8 Scores on 02/04/21:

Fico 9 Scores on 02/04/21:

6 Month Post Discharge Fico 8 Scores on 05/05/21:

Fico 9 Scores on 05/05/21:
Message 321 of 564
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

Who is 'Card Services' anyway? Obviously they and not occu are the ones that have frozen these accounts since it's they who service them for occu and other cu. I made an almost 9k payment 15 days ago. today I log in and see a purchase for the exact amount placed by card services. I'm guessing its a precaution util they actually receive the money but I would have thought they would have had it by now. Very bizarre credit card company that's for sure.
Message 322 of 564
sagehet
Established Member

They're closing accounts. This was never a compromised security event that was all misinformation and they knew that which is why they suggested reapplying.

The CEO and her staff at Oregon Community credit Union were useless and the most unprofessional group I ever had to deal with in banking.

Doesn't matter if your alumni/association. They should remove this credit union from their list of member benefits.

A shameful credit union experience
Message 323 of 564
Ron1
Super Contributor

Here is the new releaseabout Target Breach from them:

https://www.oregoncommunitycu.org/news-events/blog/target-breach

Ron.

Message 324 of 564
sagehet
Established Member

I don't think this had anything to do with the target breach. They're closing accounts.

Notice their credit card exposure is up almost 3x over last year
Message 325 of 564
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@sagehet wrote:
I don't think this had anything to do with the target breach. They're closing accounts.

so far my partners card is still open, just logged in and all $15k is available for use.

Message 326 of 564
Ron1
Super Contributor

Will you able to log into the account when the account is closed? 

Ron.

Message 327 of 564
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

account CLOSED per csr i just spoke with! i informed her how disappointed i was because i was literally never able to use the card. i asked her if the TL and inq would be deleted because of the closure and she said no. i told her how unfair i think that is because i applied with them and approved my app in late december in good faith and that right from the get go, my account was already suspended even before i activated the card. i told her that the only reason i knew something was up was my very first purchase was declined after activating the card. i said to her that why should the lender be reporting an account that was literally "dead" even before getting the card in the mail. i told her that it should be deleted because i never got to use the card, i was never given any information regarding why my cc was in suspense to begin with then all of a sudden, just arbitrarily closed by them! she put me on hold to get more information regarding what i just said. when she came back on the line, she said that a supervisor told her that what i would need to do is to write a letter and snail mail it to them regarding getting the TL and inq deleted from my reports. she said once they receive it, they will review it and "go from there".

then i asked her if it would show "closed by lender" on my reports. she again said yes. i told her that is just insult to injury because that could be potentially be harmful to me credit profile-wise. i told her that i wasn't going to worry about it being on my report, but with it showing as closed by lender, i am concerned that will prevent me from being approved for other loans in the future because other lenders will not look at this favorably being closed by lender less than 2 months after being approved. csr then went back to sending a letter with my concerns. this lender is shady!! smh

although i do have to commend the csr, she was very nice compared to any of the previous reps i spoke with.

is there any credit agencies we can contact to file a complaint? they way they handled the whole situation is very concerning. first suspended accounts for several weeks, did not give notification about the suspension, lied regarding why accounts were suspended, and then all of a sudden, account closed! i would like to file a complaint with the necessary credit agency watchdogs to get any reference to this lender removed from my credit reports. with how they handled this, i have no faith in occu doing the right thing even if i send them a letter.

Message 328 of 564
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@sagehet wrote:

so far my partners card is still open, just logged in and all $15k is available for use.

I just logged into my account and the account is still open. 

Ron.

Message 329 of 564
Ron1
Super Contributor

@TravellingNomad wrote:

account CLOSED per csr i just spoke with! i informed her how disappointed i was because i was literally never able to use the card. i asked her if the TL and inq would be deleted because of the closure and she said no. i told her how unfair i think that is because i applied with them and approved my app in late december in good faith and that right from the get go, my account was already suspended even before i activated the card. i told her that the only reason i knew something was up was my very first purchase was declined after activating the card. i said to her that why should the lender be reporting an account that was literally "dead" even before getting the card in the mail. i told her that it should be deleted because i never got to use the card, i was never given any information regarding why my cc was in suspense to begin with then all of a sudden, just arbitrarily closed by them! she put me on hold to get more information regarding what i just said. when she came back on the line, she said that a supervisor told her that what i would need to do is to write a letter and snail mail it to them regarding getting the TL and inq deleted from my reports. she said once they receive it, they will review it and "go from there".

then i asked her if it would show "closed by lender" on my reports. she again said yes. i told her that is just insult to injury because that could be potentially be harmful to me credit profile-wise. i told her that i wasn't going to worry about it being on my report, but with it showing as closed by lender, i am concerned that will prevent me from being approved for other loans in the future because other lenders will not look at this favorably being closed by lender less than 2 months after being approved. csr then went back to sending a letter with my concerns. this lender is shady!! smh

although i do have to commend the csr, she was very nice compared to any of the previous reps i spoke with.

is there any credit agencies we can contact to file a complaint? they way they handled the whole situation is very concerning. first suspended accounts for several weeks, did not give notification about the suspension, lied regarding why accounts were suspended, and then all of a sudden, account closed! i would like to file a complaint with the necessary credit agency watchdogs to get any reference to this lender removed from my credit reports. with how they handled this, i have no faith in occu doing the right thing even if i send them a letter.

Sorry to hear about your account closure. Did they tell why they closed your account? non-members? 

Ron.

Message 330 of 564
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.