cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCCU Duck and Beaver cards compromised. Keep an eye on your accounts....

tag
studiogeek
Valued Member

Re: OCCU Duck and Beaver cards compromised. Keep an eye on your accounts....

Beaver card hold lifted this morning. Card now functioning again. 

Call and check yours.....

Aug 2012 TU/EQ/EX 500's (zero positive credit, one 6 year old CO for $1100) Rebuild->Cap 1 secured $200->TU 610 EQ/EX 640, Shell $500 (cli) $750, Macy's $500, Bloomie's $500 ->(cli $1.2K), Victorias' Secret $750->(cli 1K) (level 2 moves) NFCU Visa Signature $15K/$20K, USAA $4K, Amex Blue $9K/$37K, Amex Costco $10.5K Penfed Visa $2.5K, OCCU Beaver $20K, Amex SP Gold(no limit), Chase PRG 26K ~ MyFico TU775 EQ789 EX766 / $0-$200,000 CL in just 18 months.
Message 41 of 564
otter69
New Contributor

@studiogeek wrote:

Beaver card hold lifted this morning. Card now functioning again. 

Call and check yours.....

My duck is quacking again...

I don't do senior citizen activities like Bingo, needlepoint, shuffleboard, square dancing, and ABSOLUTELY NO GARDENING!
Message 42 of 564
rlx01
Established Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

Ya, same here, only had card in hand 5 days and I don't believe them. I pressed hard demanding answers got none then I told them "I don't play games and if you are too small of an operation to eat a few bogus charges should they occur you can put the card where the sun doesn't shine unless you release the account right now". They refused, the card is in the beaver/duck crapper, permanently. I also told them they will erase all references to self from my CR incl the app inquiry or they will hear from my lawyer. No I wasnt kidding about the lawyer I have a corp one on retainer at all times and he is the type who wound stuff own mom for a profit (the best one to have).. End of the OCCU story for me.

Just wondering what the legal basis would be.  Obviously the reports to the CRA were correct at the time, you had applied for the card.  And both sides can cancel at any time for any or no (non-prohibited) reason.  So what does your lawyer say?

He did it for me a few years ago with a ma & pa operation in CA, I wont mention their name, he used breach of contract as the basis, they didnt want the exposure of a lawsuit and agreed to remove the inquiry and the account from my CRs. The were smaller than OCCU, but OCCU is a very small player by todays standards.I have not yet talked to him about this situation so I dont know what approach he may/may not use on this one. Personally I view it as breach of contract, their failure to notify me of anything and giving me basically the run around on the phone, very unprofessional....

Considering every single cardmember agreement in the US has "terminate for any reason" issuer rights, plus 90% of them have mandatory arbitration clauses, you probably have zero basis for any action. But no one wants to spend time and money pissing off one guy when they can spend 2 minutes on a CRA site removing your TL/HP. I just don't really know what you're accomplishing by threatening a small community CU with legal action because they're trying to protect themselves from fraud.

Message 43 of 564
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

Considering every single cardmember agreement in the US has "terminate for any reason" issuer rights, plus 90% of them have mandatory arbitration clauses, you probably have zero basis for any action. But no one wants to spend time and money pissing off one guy when they can spend 2 minutes on a CRA site removing your TL/HP. I just don't really know what you're accomplishing by threatening a small community CU with legal action because they're trying to protect themselves from fraud.

Agreed!

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 44 of 564
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Duck is "Quack" back in the water again.

Seems the pond was found frozen till help could arrive. Smiley Happy
Message 45 of 564
kromerok
Established Member

Are you saying your card is working again?

Message 46 of 564
omaha96
Valued Member

My Duck card is back on. Did everyone's Duck card get unsuspended  today ??

Message 47 of 564
Hockeyplayrr
Frequent Contributor

think it is safe to apply? kind of want to get in on the action before they possibly close the card off to non members.

Credit Scores: Equifax - 744 (Oct FICO) | Experian 736(Oct Fico) | Transunion - 755(Oct Fico)

Credit Lines: Diners Club 20k | Penfed Plat Rewards 7k | SDFCU 5k | Amex BCE - 10.5k | Chase Freedom 4.5k | CSP - 10.6k | Discover IT - 9k | Sallie Mae 3.8k | BofA 123 - 4.9k | CITI Double Cash 9.1k | Total Rewards 3.25k
Message 48 of 564
camaross
Established Member

my card got blocked on the 24th and I called today and still blocked. They told me it can take 3 to 5 business days for them to investigate. This sucks!
Message 49 of 564
Cstone87
New Contributor

Same here, the analyst said 3-5 days. I have never used it, weird.

Too many cards
DOJ
Message 50 of 564
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.