cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCCU Duck and Beaver cards compromised. Keep an eye on your accounts....

tag
Lemondrops63
Valued Member

Re: OCCU Duck and Beaver cards compromised. Keep an eye on your accounts....

My card was denied too.  Customer service told me their investiation possible freud.    --I don't believe them.  There's been serveral cases where banks, stores, etc have had some type of freud or been compromised and I've never heard of credit card being shut down for freud unless if was your own card.  Someone on here mentioned in a earlier post about the common denominator . Their on to something that could possibilty be right.   Anyone else credit card denied for usage?

Message 51 of 564
camaross
Established Member

When exactlly was every ones card blocked?
Message 52 of 564
Lemondrops63
Valued Member

I think he said 25th or 26th January.  Are you in the same situation?

Message 53 of 564
camaross
Established Member

Yeah mine was blocked on the 24th. I hope by Friday this is resolved. Very frustrating as I just got this card less then a week ago
Message 54 of 564
sagehet
Established Member

Mine is locked and I am from OR.

Why would that matter the application specifically states that didn't matter. It's for alumni and supporters from all over.

Are all those that got unblocked local?

I think more it was from losses from the retail breaches. They are probably checking anyone with some flags. Active disputes or lots of new accounts.
Message 55 of 564
Lemondrops63
Valued Member

When did you get approved?  There's definitely something  suspiciouabout the way they went about it...No letter, no phone call, no email?

Message 56 of 564
RnJ
Contributor

As with several CC companies lately, silent investigations are ocurring first, then notifying cardholders.  Makes it difficult on unsuspecting cardholders.  OCCU could at least ease fears by putting a notice on their pages but then that would compromise their "investigation"! Cat Sad

Message 57 of 564
Blackrv7
Frequent Contributor

I was approved for $20K on November 20.  I really haven't used the card much, BT transfer to see how they operated....considering it's 0% interest.  I just called CS and was told my card is still active and I shouldn't have any problem using it. 

I inquired a bit about the breach and whether it affected a batch of cards or individual cards.  He told me it was more like a batch of cards and was extensive.  He said he really didn't have much more information. 

I'll try and run it through the gas pump so as not to get the "sir, your card didn't go through" comment.  He did tell me, my card was not in danger of being shut down and to go ahead an use is as I saw fit.

Just for reference, I am not an alum and live in the midwest.

Current myFico EX 734, EQ 777, TU 742
AAoA 6 years 3 months, Length 25 years 2 months

Message 58 of 564
Lemondrops63
Valued Member

Well, i can tell you one thing that they don't have a problem with..taking payments

Message 59 of 564
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

No problem with the Duck card on this end. If it was "on hold" last week, well it's valid now. Last week didn't need to use it.
Message 60 of 564
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.