cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCCU Duck and Beaver cards compromised. Keep an eye on your accounts....

tag
omaha96
Valued Member

Re: OCCU Duck and Beaver cards compromised. Keep an eye on your accounts....

My wife received a letter today that her account was being cancelled after a review. Has anyone else receive a simmilar letter

Message 61 of 564
sagehet
Established Member

Omaha96 they're closing quite a few from what I'm reading. There was more to what is happening than the "compromise" stuff.

They've tightened standards retroactively and are closing accounts from what you are reporting. How long did she have the account?
Message 62 of 564
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

@Lemondrops63 wrote:

Well, i can tell you one thing that they don't have a problem with..taking payments

Exactly! Not sure if mine is compromised or not (haven't tried to use it). But just made a large payment (over 3k) and they took it with no problem.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 63 of 564
Anonymous
Not applicable

By far the most unprofessional situation I've ever seen in my time dealing with credit. If they don't cancel my account then Ill probably close mine anways. I have too many cards and the way they handled this was junk. Does anyone know what the deal is with removing the hardpulls from your credit report? Is that a possibility if I had my cards a little over 1 month, I have no experience with this. Anyways, my life should be less stressed with two less cards. Much more organized! Im looking forward to it!

Message 64 of 564
FixMyCredit1992
Established Contributor

I didn't know this was on going, I got my approval letter in the mail 3 days ago. (1st "real" credit card I was approved for).

Called the number on the card and said it was activated and ready to use.

Went to walmart to make a small purchase and was declined.

I called and they said my card was comprimised. How!? I just got it in the mail. I looked on my account, and it was never charged.

Why would they shut my card off if it's never been activated (until I got it), and no one tried to use it?

Every time I call they say it will be just one more day, but they say this every day when I call.

The whole thing has been really frusterating.

I could understand if my card was breached and someone ACTUALLY had the card number and tried to buy something, but the card was activated and then automatically declined.

No one else but me tried to make a purchase, so HOW do they know it was breached? Everytime I call they won't tell me anything.

Farm and Fleet $3,000 (AU) Paypal Extras MC $1,500
Barclay's Apple Visa $1,200 QVC Qcard $800
Amazon Store Card $600 Discover $500
Walmart MC $400 Victoria's Secret $350
Credit One $300 Fingerhut $200
TU Fico 626

Message 65 of 564
kromerok
Established Member

Where are you reading this?

Message 66 of 564
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

By far the most unprofessional situation I've ever seen in my time dealing with credit. If they don't cancel my account then Ill probably close mine anways. I have too many cards and the way they handled this was junk. Does anyone know what the deal is with removing the hardpulls from your credit report? Is that a possibility if I had my cards a little over 1 month, I have no experience with this. Anyways, my life should be less stressed with two less cards. Much more organized! Im looking forward to it!

I turned the whole matter over to my attorney yesterday as stated earlier in this thread, he made one phone call and within 2 hours a CU rep was on the line with me apologizing for the whole affair, I am still deciding on whether or not I will take their offer to re open the account. I have to agree this is the most un-pro handling I have ever seen.

Message 67 of 564
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Are you guys dealing with the Card Services depth in Columbus Georgia or is this mess originating in Oregon?
Message 68 of 564
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Are you guys dealing with the Card Services department in Columbus Georgia or is this mess originating in Oregon?
Message 69 of 564
FixMyCredit1992
Established Contributor

After reading some comments on previous pages it really does baffle me as to what's going on.

If the cards were comprimised, they would issue new cards, but they have never hinted at that.

Since my card was never used, the only place the numbers would of been stored at is at the issue.

It almost sounds like an internal issue.

Farm and Fleet $3,000 (AU) Paypal Extras MC $1,500
Barclay's Apple Visa $1,200 QVC Qcard $800
Amazon Store Card $600 Discover $500
Walmart MC $400 Victoria's Secret $350
Credit One $300 Fingerhut $200
TU Fico 626

Message 70 of 564
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.