cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCCU Duck and Beaver cards compromised. Keep an eye on your accounts....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: OCCU Duck and Beaver cards compromised. Keep an eye on your accounts....

Yea i just found it so unprofessional that I had to have my card declined, then call the number and see what was going on. They should have told me first. I could have been in a horrible situation had I not had another card with me. Wow. Kind of scary to think of it. i wonder if they'll apologize to me? I thought relationships with small business banks and CU were supposed to be significant and personable. This is worse than my relationships with the big banks! Wowie! Did you have to pay your attorney for that? Just wondering,  Im 21 and have a couple friends in law school. I want to know how attorneys work with fees etc. Seems like A smart future investment.

Message 71 of 564
FixMyCredit1992
Established Contributor

I'm playing nice with the CU because this is the 1st "real" credit card I was approved for (I'm wondering if the comprimise made be get approved by mistake, lol), as my fico won't generate for another 3 months at least.

Farm and Fleet $3,000 (AU) Paypal Extras MC $1,500
Barclay's Apple Visa $1,200 QVC Qcard $800
Amazon Store Card $600 Discover $500
Walmart MC $400 Victoria's Secret $350
Credit One $300 Fingerhut $200
TU Fico 626

Message 72 of 564
sagehet
Established Member

Fixmycredit it sounds like they think accounts themselves may have been opened funny. If it was cards that were hit wouldn't they just issue new cards like every other place?

Now they're closing peoples good accounts?
Message 73 of 564
camaross
Established Member

Gdale6. What type of attorney can I get for this? These people really are pissing me off
Message 74 of 564
sagehet
Established Member

what is the cause of action?  They have the right to pull your card at any point.

Horrible PR and practice on the part of a CU but if they messed something up it's on them.  What we don't know on the circumstances of the closed cards is why?

If they are going to close accounts they approved because of an internal issue they really should remove the inquiry and tradeline as a gesture of goodwill.  It's not the customers fault they approved by mistake or whatever.

Message 75 of 564
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

@sagehet wrote:

what is the cause of action?  They have the right to pull your card at any point.

Horrible PR and practice on the part of a CU but if they messed something up it's on them.  What we don't know on the circumstances of the closed cards is why?

If they are going to close accounts they approved because of an internal issue they really should remove the inquiry and tradeline as a gesture of goodwill.  It's not the customers fault they approved by mistake or whatever.

Exactly!

What is the cause of action? I can't believe you had your attorney call them! OCCU is stupid for complying to your threats. To me, it sounds like you are telling them "I'll tell my dad, he's going to come and get you!"

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 76 of 564
omaha96
Valued Member

My wife has had her account since September. Being a realest she should have never received  a 12000 line of credit. Her credit is not that strong. Her FICO was artificially  high  740 by having authorized users added  to her  tradelines.  The Duck card started getting popular in September. Now I am sure it is coming back to bite them giving high lines of credit like candy. I really believe there were no compromised cards. They are reviewing everyone's account in my opinion.

Message 77 of 564
Lemondrops63
Valued Member

Will, if that's the case they should've told all cardholders but they didn't care enough.  I personaly used the card once since Nov 2013 and when I went to use it again it was denied.  That's poor business making and makes them horrible for their customer service

Message 78 of 564
omaha96
Valued Member

You can no longer apply online for the Duck card. You must call now.  So I am sure they our looking more closely before approving accounts.

Message 79 of 564
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@Lemondrops63 wrote:

Will, if that's the case they should've told all cardholders but they didn't care enough.  I personaly used the card once since Nov 2013 and when I went to use it again it was denied.  That's poor business making and makes them horrible for their customer service

I just hope it doesn't stop us that just recently applied from getting their card, high limit or not.

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 80 of 564
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.