Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCCU/ Duck card Closed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: OCCU/ Duck card Closed

@plastic_man wrote:
And you know what the irony is ? I just received this unrelated email from OCCU. ( don't know how to add an email attachment ) but this what the email reads:

" Dear Plastic_Man:

Personal service and overall member satisfaction are important to us. Whether we’re opening a savings account or helping a member refinance a mortgage loan, we always want to make sure our members are getting the care they deserve. That’s why right now, we’re asking members to share meaningful stories about their OCCU experiences.

By sharing your story, you can help us both improve OCCU memberships and recognize our employees' hard work. To share your story, submit it online and we’ll enter you into our $25 gift card giveaway.*"

Let's all share our wonderful stories! 😀😀

Wonderful... After really telling them your piece of mind, have them remove your email from their mailing list to spare you with the cheesy emails..

Message 21 of 27
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Something similar happened to my Duck Card last month. It always went declined after about the 2nd or 3rd charge every time i used it and would have to consistently without fail have to call in to have the hold lifted. Well last month i got fed up with this crap and when they asked me why i was closing it i gave them the perfectly legit reasons why, they apologized and all that sillyness, and i felt like i had shed an anchor when they did close it. I was one of the few account holders that survived the massive closures but it just as well been included because the darn thing turned out to only be a nusance time and again.

Good riddance Occu and your lame Quack card.

Funny how this thread just came up since I closed mine about a couple days ago (I had the Beaver CC).  I didn't want to deal with having to contact them in the event of any issues.  Plus, if they no longer feel we fit their mold, then that's cool I suppose.  I'm thinking it was a matter of time before these account reviews came up again.  I don't think I got any notice as of yet and mine was still open as of a couple days ago when I called (I just recently charged my NRA mambership and PIF a day ago).  Oh well, I guess you could say I just shaved my Beaver for good!!! Smiley Very Happy LOL.

Then, interestingly, I got this email just a couple hours ago:

OCCU Feedback.jpg

Message 22 of 27
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

OCCU even looking worse that it already did...  Oh the humanity.. 

Message 23 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've never heard of this card!
Message 24 of 27
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I've never heard of this card!

Search on the forums for the Beaver Card or OCCU...  Big headaches a year or so back.. They got into deep issues on over extending themselves.  Cancelled tons of accounts and I believe got fined/audtited by the regulatory commission due to this.  This just adds onto the file or crud and tarnishes their image more from my view point if they are doing another round of "house cleaning" for whatever reason it might be

Message 25 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was this anything like the diners club craze?
Message 26 of 27
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Was this anything like the diners club craze?

To some extent.  The common denominator for both - they got caught off guard by the frenzy.  At least with the BMO Diners Club there were some decent perks associated with each program (Elite being the better one).  Sure, high CLs and thensome, but there wasn't the initial fallout of cardholders having their cards cancelled shortly after being approved. 

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.