Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCD takes charge......

tag
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: OCD takes charge......

I know people are making light of this but its a bit disturbing and speaks to obsession. Not to mention being a total first world problem haha.

Be happy to have what you've been given. Applying for crap you dont want or need to achieve some arbitrary total limit is silly. Step back and think about it IMO.

You're free to do what you want but you should address the addiction IMO. Take up a hobby outside of cards. For anything to consume you like that is not a good thing at all.
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:
I know people are making light of this but its a bit disturbing and speaks to obsession. Not to mention being a total first world problem haha.

Be happy to have what you've been given. Applying for crap you dont want or need to achieve some arbitrary total limit is silly. Step back and think about it IMO.

You're free to do what you want but you should address the addiction IMO. Take up a hobby outside of cards. For anything to consume you like that is not a good thing at all.

There is a difference about being OCD and obsession. I say this because I'm the same way. I hate that my Discover CL is not an even number. I have a Barclay Ring that was at $500 CL because I had moved the rest to their reward card. Then when I got Sallie Mae and was closing down the reward card, instead of putting all the CL from the reward card onto Sallie, I put $500 on the Ring to make it an even $1k CL. 

O.P. - good luck with the $800 to get to an even number. I know what you're talking about!

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

There is a difference about being OCD and obsession. I say this because I'm the same way. I hate that my Discover CL is not an even number. I have a Barclay Ring that was at $500 CL because I had moved the rest to their reward card. Then when I got Sallie Mae and was closing down the reward card, instead of putting all the CL from the reward card onto Sallie, I put $500 on the Ring to make it an even $1k CL. 

O.P. - good luck with the $800 to get to an even number. I know what you're talking about!

OCD = Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, which is in line with obsession.  

If it were me I wouldn't worry about having an even CL on any of my cards, if you're that worried about it you probably shouldn't have credit to begin with. 

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't get a Sam's Club from reading on here no one has an even number credit limit with that thing
Message 14 of 19
msbia
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Don't get a Sam's Club from reading on here no one has an even number credit limit with that thing

Lol. Yeah I started with $437....it drove me nuts for about 9 months, then I got a CLI to $8k. Instant relief. Smiley Wink

Personal Credit? Check. Business Credit? Check.
Mission Accomplished.
Thanks MyFico!
Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have some kids, the ocd insta cure
Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely not an obsession. I have many obsessions, traveling, sailing, cars, education, but credit is not one of them. I just like all numbers to be even in all aspects of my life.  I just got an offer Jet Blue offer Via snail mail to apply so I may, still taking a little time to do more research prior. I like everything to be very thought out before I make any decisions. I'm not super concerned because after I hit the 30k mark I'll garden for 18 months other then an auto loan from local credit union. 

Message 17 of 19
Kellan
Regular Contributor

@SOGGIE wrote:
Congrats! Have you considered requesting a CLI to fill in that $800 gap?

I would do a crazy thing. I would send an EO email to capOne. When they get back to you be honest. Tell them the 800 is bothering you and you were just wondering on the off chance the kind person could raise your limit by 800. It is such a small request and CapOne EO seems to be staffed by real people.I am guessing the nice person might giggle a bit but as long as there is nothing crazy in your profile I think for 800 they will do it. 

EQ: 678
TU: 699
EX: 736
Message 18 of 19
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Kellan wrote:

@SOGGIE wrote:
Congrats! Have you considered requesting a CLI to fill in that $800 gap?

I would do a crazy thing. I would send an EO email to capOne. When they get back to you be honest. Tell them the 800 is bothering you and you were just wondering on the off chance the kind person could raise your limit by 800. It is such a small request and CapOne EO seems to be staffed by real people.I am guessing the nice person might giggle a bit but as long as there is nothing crazy in your profile I think for 800 they will do it. 

Are we trying to get the email shutdown, too?

I mean seriously....emailing the EO about an 800 CLI is not an EO type of request. Please. Stop it. lol

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.