Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OFFICIALLY Closed Credit One

tag
Shelly313
New Contributor

OFFICIALLY Closed Credit One

I was going to wait until the 26th to report for April, but I changed my mind.  I was like the sooner the better.

When I called, I spoke to a guy and he said "Why are you closing the account?"  Me: "I have a couple of other better cards to use..." then he tried to offer me an 18.99% interest rate for only 6 months.  Mind you I would have to pay there stupid fee come June or July.  So that defeats the purpose...  I had him give me a confirmation number, took his name down, made him verbally acknowledge that I had a 0 balance, and asked him how long it would take to receive a letter daying I closed the account with a 0 balance.  He said 7-10 business days.

HOORAY!

Started Gardening 4/3/2014

Current Score: (04/2014) EX: 629 I TU: 650 I EQ: 654

In my Wallet:
Barclays NFL: $2000 I VS: $700 I Discover: $1600 I AU: Amex ED $2000
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: OFFICIALLY Closed Credit One

Message 2 of 23
tattooedhusker
Established Contributor

@Shelly313 wrote:

I was going to wait until the 26th to report for April, but I changed my mind.  I was like the sooner the better.

When I called, I spoke to a guy and he said "Why are you closing the account?"  Me: "I have a couple of other better cards to use..." then he tried to offer me an 18.99% interest rate for only 6 months.  Mind you I would have to pay there stupid fee come June or July.  So that defeats the purpose...  I had him give me a confirmation number, took his name down, made him verbally acknowledge that I had a 0 balance, and asked him how long it would take to receive a letter daying I closed the account with a 0 balance.  He said 7-10 business days.

HOORAY!

Congrats! Feels good doesn't it?!

NFCU CashRewards $13.5k | AMEX BCE $15k | Lowes $17k | Sportsmanss guide $7.6k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $4.4k |
Walmart $8k | Gordman's $2950
Message 3 of 23
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@Shelly313 wrote:

HOORAY!

Good move ! Congrats Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 4 of 23
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@Shelly313 wrote:

HOORAY!

Congrats!

And great job taking his info in case they want to try and pull a fast one

Message 5 of 23
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats its done its job Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 23
Shelly313
New Contributor

Thanks everyone!  The fico forums, and the credit karma reviews were really knowledgebale to help me slowly build my credit up, and how to handle canceling "the bottom feeders".  Which I am grateful that they have served there purpose.  At this point there is really nothing else to do but for me to garden, and let my C/Os and collections fall off next year.  From what I have noticed though my credit score has gone up 40-50 in 6 months.

In my Wallet:
Message 7 of 23
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 8 of 23
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Make sure you monitor the account for a couple of months so they don't slip in some residual interest. 

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 9 of 23
Shelly313
New Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

Congrats! Make sure you monitor the account for a couple of months so they don't slip in some residual interest. 

so if i go online to check my account, I wont be re-activatng anything will I?

In my Wallet:
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.