tag
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Re: OH Discover lol...

@14Fiesta wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@14Fiesta wrote:

@JaeJae12 wrote:
SoTis the new year and I used one of my " free annual credit report to pullexperian", to my surprise I noticed that discover has beensp me for all of 2014...Lol seriously like fromjan-dec and thelonnnng list. Anyone get something similar like this from other creditors? ( I had axe my discover card a long time ago.

I only get AMEX checking up on me about every month. So far they must be satisfied with that they see....no FR *crosses fingers*

Relax about the FR man. You're obviously not engaging in any huge manufactured spending or trying to buy tons of gift cards every month. Seems like you're using the cards normally. 

Well I have bought network gift cards for fee free promotions, but that's not what I am really worried about.

A. I just opened a couple accounts and I hope AMEX is okay with the extra available credit i now have because

B. They gave me a card with a starting limit equivalent to 67% of my annual salary and really not a lot of credit history compared to others around here.

I'm just waiting for the day they wake up and s**t bricks when they realize what the computer gave me lol

EDIT: Just looked and my total revolving credit exceeds my income by $2,900 not including student loans. (although those will be in deferment until I graduate in 2018)

I think it's pretty common for people to have more credit than their actual income actually. There are people here who have probably 3x their income in credit and haven't had issues and they don't try to fudge their reported income either.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 11 of 18
chwebb1
Established Contributor

@14Fiesta wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@14Fiesta wrote:

@JaeJae12 wrote:
SoTis the new year and I used one of my " free annual credit report to pullexperian", to my surprise I noticed that discover has beensp me for all of 2014...Lol seriously like fromjan-dec and thelonnnng list. Anyone get something similar like this from other creditors? ( I had axe my discover card a long time ago.

I only get AMEX checking up on me about every month. So far they must be satisfied with that they see....no FR *crosses fingers*

Relax about the FR man. You're obviously not engaging in any huge manufactured spending or trying to buy tons of gift cards every month. Seems like you're using the cards normally. 

Well I have bought network gift cards for fee free promotions, but that's not what I am really worried about.

A. I just opened a couple accounts and I hope AMEX is okay with the extra available credit i now have because

B. They gave me a card with a starting limit equivalent to 67% of my annual salary and really not a lot of credit history compared to others around here.

I'm just waiting for the day they wake up and s**t bricks when they realize what the computer gave me lol

EDIT: Just looked and my total revolving credit exceeds my income by $2,900 not including student loans. (although those will be in deferment until I graduate in 2018)

FWIW, they also gave me the same thing (limits of a little under 60% of my income between two cards). I am a graduate student. If they FR me, I am obviously doing nothing wrong that I know of (I use the card almost daily, and I PIF, no large gift card purchases, and the gift cards I do buy I buy because they are cheap, like $80 for $100 worth of iTunes, or because they're actually gifts etc).

photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo card_1.png photo night-launch.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png
$15000 ........... $12500 ............ $11750 ............ $10000 ........... $9400 ............ $5000 ............. $5000
In the Garden until at least November 2015
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Amex does check on me twice a month, like clockwork.  Discover though, is different.  They checked on me, every month, all the way until I accepted one of the pre-approved invites.  Then, once they had me, NOTHING.  They haven't bothered to check on my other credit activities at all.  Not even once.  No calls, no flowers, no anything.  It's like once they have you they lose all interest... it doesn't feel right...

Sounds like you 2 got married... Smiley Very Happy

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@14Fiesta wrote:

@JaeJae12 wrote:

They SP me darn near every two weeks!

In your case ... it might even be law enforcement Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ArmyVietVet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@14Fiesta wrote:

@JaeJae12 wrote:

They SP me darn near every two weeks!

In your case ... it might even be law enforcement Smiley Wink

Ha.

Message 15 of 18
go_FICO_self
Frequent Contributor

@JaeJae12 wrote:
So Tis the new year and I used one of my " free annual credit report to pull experian", to my surprise I noticed that discover has been sp me for all of 2014... Lol seriously like from jan-dec and the lonnnng list. Anyone get something similar like this from other creditors? ( I had axe my discover card a long time ago.

I had credit sesame soft pull the heck out of me. At least every week, and usually even more! Regardless whether I logged on or not. Didn't have much use for them with all the other options and free experience at whim, so closed them. 

Message 16 of 18
core
Valued Contributor

@go_FICO_self wrote:
I had credit sesame soft pull the heck out of me.

That's kind of what they do.  I think the monitoring works better when they soft pull the report once in a while.

Message 17 of 18
go_FICO_self
Frequent Contributor

@core wrote:

@go_FICO_self wrote:
I had credit sesame soft pull the heck out of me.

That's kind of what they do.  I think the monitoring works better when they soft pull the report once in a while.

I had all monitoring turned off. On my end it would update only when I logged in, and earliest a week after that. But on their end they'd sp nonstopn in between. 

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.