Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OK Capital One... Or why you need the myFICO forums

tag
cjd
Valued Member

OK Capital One... Or why you need the myFICO forums

I went to online chat to see if I could get the annual fee removed from my platinum mastercard. I've had the card about 2.5 years and it started out as an Orchard Bank card with a $300 limit and a $59 annual fee. About 1 month ago I hit the luv button and got a CLI to 2500. Since I had nothing to do at work I decided I might as well try and get the AF removed. The CSR told me that my account wasn't eligible for a fee waiver. We went back and forth over benefits vs fees of Cap 1 cards for a few minutes and then I said that I wanted to PC it to Quicksilver. If I have to have the fee for a while I might as well get some real benefits. I was then told my account was eligible for the QS1 with 1.5% back and NO annual fee. Not sure of the logic involved- I can't remove the AF but I can PC to a card that won't have it... OK Cap 1, whatever floats your boat.

If not for this forum I would never have known that I could ask for a fee waiver, let alone PC to a different card because the reps don't talk about it. After the rep told me that I wasn't eligible for the AF removal I was already headed to their Facebook page to send a PM. I asked for the PC just because. I didn't really expect to get it.I've just learned so much from this site. I wish I had known about it earlier in my credit journey.

Side Note: Many people talk about how bad Cap 1 is but I've never had a real problem with them. The only thing I've ever called to complain about was them moving my due date because I changed my address.

Starting Score: April 2012 EQ 624
Current Score: Feb 2015 EQ 751
Goal Score: New Goal: 775!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge No Apps for the foreseeable future.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: OK Capital One... Or why you need the myFICO forums

If you have a way to screenshot that chat, make sure to do it, because as far as I know quicksilverone has 39 bucks annual fee, it's quicksilver that doesn't have annual fee. I've read about few people who they thought they got quicksilver but end up getting quicksilverone with annual fee.

Message 2 of 8
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on getting your card PC'd to the QS1 with no AF!

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the PC but like stated above I would make sure theres no annual fee involved. From what Ive read the QS1 has an AF, QS does not.
Message 4 of 8
cjd
Valued Member

I'll have to check to be sure but even if it is $39, that's $20 less than what I am paying now. I also haven't decided on whether or not I'm going to keep it because I have a venture one without an AF and I have my eye on the Sallie Mae card once my last two baddies fall off at the end of the year.  Does anyone know if they combine limits?

Starting Score: April 2012 EQ 624
Current Score: Feb 2015 EQ 751
Goal Score: New Goal: 775!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge No Apps for the foreseeable future.

Message 5 of 8
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@cjd wrote:

I'll have to check to be sure but even if it is $39, that's $20 less than what I am paying now. I also haven't decided on whether or not I'm going to keep it because I have a venture one without an AF and I have my eye on the Sallie Mae card once my last two baddies fall off at the end of the year.  Does anyone know if they combine limits?

Unfortunately, Cap One doesn't combine or reallocate CLs.  But congrats on PC!

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 6 of 8
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If you have a way to screenshot that chat, make sure to do it, because as far as I know quicksilverone has 39 bucks annual fee, it's quicksilver that doesn't have annual fee. I've read about few people who they thought they got quicksilver but end up getting quicksilverone with annual fee.

Exactly. Qs1 has af. I. Think she blew sunshine somewhere to get you off phone. 

Message 7 of 8
CenturyChild
Frequent Contributor

Yes, the QS1 does have an AF, but many have been successful having the AF removed after a year or so.

Being as the account is 2.5 years old, perhaps they are upgrading and removing the fee all at the same time.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.