Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OK. Let's try GEMB CLI then

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK. Let's try GEMB CLI then

Somebody post a possitive thread elsewhere about credit limit increases. Cool. I'd like to hear if GEMB specificaly has given anybody a credit limit increase? or is it ALL bad...

edit to add: I guess it would be better to inquire as to how many CLI's have people gotten from GEMB since this credit crunch started?

Message Edited by beenthere on 12-01-2008 05:30 AM
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: OK. Let's try GEMB CLI then

I have gotten several CLIs from my Sams card over the last 4 years.  I didnt ask they did an auto CLI.  IMHO I would not ask for one these days.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 17
LisaJ
Frequent Contributor

I get a GEMB increase every three to six months, on average, with JCPenney.  I went from $200 to $2600 in about 4 years.

Usually, they increase me by $300.  Normally I purchase, PIF, etc., but I may have to make use for the holidays.  In that case, if they hold true to form, they will increase me if I seem to be spending, and then again when I PIF.

I have never been late with them, and I have them on auto-pay. 

WOW! EQ when I joined myFICO: 657. Ups and downs and a few bumps and bruises, but finally back over 700. Whew!

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

From 500 to 2400 on JCP the beginning of November - soft pull only.
Message 4 of 17
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

I went from $3500 to $5500.  Then one week later they decreased it to $900.  Then I called to EDITED and they raised it back to $5500. 

dallasjetfan, please refrain from using foul or derogatory languange against others.

Message Edited by llecs on 12-02-2008 11:56 AM
Barclays US Air $17K| TTCU $15K| Citi Diamond $10.5K| Discover IT $9000| CapOne $2K| Best Buy $2K
Message 5 of 17
guydiver
Established Contributor

I just got increases on both my GEMB accounts by the LUV button.

Sam's Club personal acct: From $1072-1600 , two years old, started with 600 CL.

Sam's Discover Cash Rewards: From 5000-5900, one year old this month. started with 4100 CL. 

I requested(LUV button) CLI from Discover two months ago, got the declined message, then got a letter a couple weeks ago stating the new CLI. Go figure..

Never been late, PIF every month(exc. once) by bank elec.transfer, usually bi-weekly, and Discover util is around 50% each month because I pay all my bills on it that I can. Already have near $400 in cash rebates built up, I'm at 2% cashback.

Don't know my FICO when I applied, but low 600's for sure.

My  FICO EQ is 685 now, was briefly 701 but I got dinged for a new car and a balance on the Sam's personal acct.(only $34) because I didn't pay it off before it reported last month. The new CLI's should help a little.

I have a cr.union Visa with 5000 CL, $0 bal that just hit 6 mo. age. I only use it VERY sparingly.

Lots of lates, one CO that is almost 3 years old now that is the most recent and worst on the CR's.(Crap One screwed me on the reporting, I paid it off for six mo.after the CO, then they posted another CO on the CR when I paid it to zero. Tried disputing three times on that , no luck. But at least the earliest delinq. date didn't change.

I'm almost 36 mo. with perfect credit marks, and the scores are very slowly creeping up.

I subscribe to myFICO Scorewatch, but I change the settings to let me know when it goes up a few points.

Haven't peeked at EX or TU in a while. I monitor my monthly CR's on TrueCredit .com.

I get a good monthly rate, and even though the FACO scores aren't worth much, I still get report monitoring alerts and I can update and view my CR every 24 hrs. if I choose. Wish myFico still had that one.Still don't believe any of the BS they give about dropping that feature.I have a 10 yr. old MAC that could probably handle it. LOL!!

Thanks to all on this site. It is a Godsend for sure. I got credit educated here, should have at least a MBA or something. :-)

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

We've been Sams Club members since '99.  I think we may have started at 1600. or so, now we are at 10,000.00.  Increased to that abt a year ago.  Good luck Vicki
Message 7 of 17
score_building
Senior Contributor

Care Credit CLI for 1k (instant via phone).

Amazon Store Card CLI for 200 (instant online)

@dallasjetfan wrote:
I went from $3500 to $5500.  Then one week later they decreased it to $900.  Then I called... and they raised it back to $5500... 

dallasjetfan- which gemb card does your post above refer to?

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 8 of 17
JRInWA
Valued Member

ChevronTexaco VISA - $3,000 CL (New Account established in November 2008)

Sam's Club Credit Card - $1,500 CL ($500 CLI granted in October 2008)

Lenscrafters Credit Card - $2,000 CL ($1,000 CLI granted in October 2008)

Hard pull on EQ ChevronTexaco VISA New Account - called CS and approved immediately

No pull on Sam's Club CLI - online request and approved immediately

No pull on Lenscrafters CLI - called CS and approved immediately

Message Edited by JRInWA on 12-02-2008 08:32 AM

Starting Score: EQ 797, TU 781, EX 781 (03/15/18)
Current Score: EQ 797, TU 781, EX 781 (03/15/18)
Goal Score: 800+ across the board!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well congrats to those of you who did get CLI from GEMB. I know they've been a mess but I still would have thought there would be more takers on this thread. Anyone else?
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.