cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OK - Walrmart - I think I'm about to burst into tears..........

tag
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: OK - Walrmart - I think I'm about to burst into tears..........

Sorry this happened to you. We all make mistakes in this Credit journey and learn from them. I would think you can apply again though. And as mentioned, even more importantly, it not hitting your reports is key.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 11 of 16
elim
Senior Contributor

Sucks but they are historically pretty firm on this...

Synch is known to close all accounts for 1 returned payment.  Haven't heard of anyone being able to re-open (only re-app).

I suggest a spreadsheet and manually pushing payments with your Bank's bill pay. No chance of NSF then (and this was NSF as the funds were not there to pull the payment).

Message 12 of 16
core
Valued Contributor

@elim wrote:

and this was NSF as the funds were not there to pull the payment

Agreed.  If the funds were not there and the payment was rejected on that basis, then that's NSF by definition.  This talk about draft dates and such doesn't change anything in that respect.

Message 13 of 16
irunfromcredit
Frequent Contributor

I'm sorry this happened to you.  It can happen to the best of us!  I suspect you may be able to apply again in the near future. I think synch is a pretty forgiving lender.  And as for future payments, I like to "push" the payments through my checking account.  The $ is immediately out of my checking and with synch, credited to my account usually the next day.  Good luck!!!

Scores 8/25/2017~ TU: 753 / EXP: 742 / EQ: 726
Goal: 770's or higher by end of 2017
Message 14 of 16
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

@core wrote:

@elim wrote:

and this was NSF as the funds were not there to pull the payment

Agreed.  If the funds were not there and the payment was rejected on that basis, then that's NSF by definition.  This talk about draft dates and such doesn't change anything in that respect.

Exactly! The person definitely didn't have the money in their account and are trying to spin it. If you send a payment through what does dates have to do with anything if you have plenty of cash in the account? There's nothing wrong with just admitting you're living on a budget and you misjudged. Things happen. But a returned payment is a known troublemaker in the credit game. You will be just fine after this gets resolved. It will be a distant memory. Certainly don't let anything like this bring you to tears.

FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry this happened to you OP. Unfortunately, Walmart won't reopen your original account. You will have to submit another application.

UncleB is correct there is no waiting period to apply for a new card. I applied an hour or two after my account was accidentally closed. I was approved for a MC version of the card, but with a lower SL. My CL was $2.2K when my account was closed. I tried to get them to reinstate the old CL, but it was denied. 

I use both methods to make payments on my accounts. Going forward make sure you double and triple check your information. 

Best of luck to you!
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.