Anonymous
Not applicable

OK...now I am entirely confused......

Do both Barclay and Citi put out AAdvantage cards?  Smiley Frustrated

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: OK...now I am entirely confused......

Barclay's AA card is limited edition and can't be obtained anymore.

Message 2 of 8
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

Yes, Citi has AAdvantage and Barclay has AAdvantage Aviator. The Barclay version used to be the US Airways card but due to the US Airways/American Airline merger it converted to AA. The Aviator cannot be applied for. 

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@-Cal- wrote:

Yes, Citi has AAdvantage and Barclay has AAdvantage Aviator. The Barclay version used to be the US Airways card but due to the US Airways/American Airline merger it converted to AA. The Aviator cannot be applied for. 

OK, good information...I asked because I have the Aviator card and cannot get into Citi.  Is Citi going to take over the Aviator portfolio?

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Brian-

I'm in the same boat w/ Citi. I burned them years ago, and they won't let me back in. I intentionally applied for the US Airways card knowing it would turn into an AAdvantage card, because I fly American internationally.

From what I understand, Citi will not be taking over the portfolio. The Aviator, however, in my opinion, is a better card than the AAdvantage Platinum. The AF is $6 lower on the Aviator, and the Aviator doesn't have a FTF. If I recall correctly, the Citi card does. The other benefits are the same. 

Any reason you want in with Citi? Because the Barclays AA product is just... better.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Because I can't get in with Citi also.  I am hoping I get a break when citi takes over amex's costco portfolio which I already have a perfect record with.

Message 6 of 8
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@-Cal- wrote:

OK, good information...I asked because I have the Aviator card and cannot get into Citi.  Is Citi going to take over the Aviator portfolio?

Well that aviator honestly has nothing to do with you getting into citi. Nothing what so ever. Thats why the 2 cards. Barclays is keeping the Aviator and no plans to get rid of the existing customers. You just can't apply for a new one. that is it. If you can't get in with citi. Im asssuming you mean get a credit card with citi. Just give it some time.

Message 7 of 8
Kb109
Frequent Contributor

The Barclays AAdvantage Aviator card was converted from the previous US Airways Dividend Miles card. You cannot apply for it. Citi offers the original AAdvantage personal and business cards. It is confusing! lol Hope this helps. Smiley Happy

Filed Ch7: 6/21/17
Discharged: 10/03/17
Current FICO8 Scores as of 2/10/2019: EX 651, TU 678, EQ 679
My Cards: 1FBUSA $2,900 (survived BK7 and is my oldest account!), Fingerhut $1,100, CreditOne $900, Ollo Rewards $2,500, LendUp Arrow card $2,000, CapitalOne Platinum $3,000. GARDENING FOR THE NEXT TWO YEARS!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.