Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: OLD AMEX GOLD

ohboy wrote:
Found the card  !!!!

Ganna call them now

ill lets you know results

Congratulations, and good luck!

(Has it really been 23 years since you cleaned out that drawer? LOL)

Message 11 of 57
fused
Moderator Emeritus

...this should get very interesting
Message 12 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Given Amex's behavior of late, I expect a couple of hards, a financial review, and a reduction of his credit line from its current 0 to -500.
Message 13 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello All

This forum rocks

I called, they still stated the accounts doeas not exist

I said i have the old statements to prove it

sorry but that does not help, she ask by any chance do you have the card?

Wow isnt it enough that I have a statement?

No sir the card is the proof, if you did had it you could give use the account number and the securerty

code

And if i did have it and i gave you the code would of that been enough

No sir, I would need a copy or a fax and I would of processed the info in our sysytem and to the CRA

Would i get the history from 1984? since that was the year i became a member

Yes sir

In other words my new account will show it was open in 1984 and i would get all paid on time,

all 25 years

Yes sir

Okies were do I fax the copy of the card I have it in my hands, member since 1984, how long will it

take?

############   we will process as soon we get the copy

Faxing the copy

we are going to send you a new card stating your a member since 1984, plus it will be reported to the

CRA for the history

Thank you

I have 25yrs great history with amex now wow

How many pionts do you think my FICO will go?

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Message 14 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

By the way , account is going to be with the new account number

Oh my god i have to clean the mess I made, the junk drawer, i just fliped it

it was in the bottom lol,

oh my god all them memories in there, I wish i was young again

Message Edited by ohboy on 06-18-2008 06:51 PM
Message 15 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

It depends, do you have any other accounts near that age? It will potentially rebucket you and who knows what effect that will have on your score in the short term.
Message 16 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebucket ?

please explain

Message 17 of 57
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Wow, I have GOT to go clean out my junk drawer! Congrats!

Re-bucketing is when you shift from one "score bucket" to another. For scoring purposes, we are clumped with other consumers with similar histories. If you have a collection, you'll be in the collection bucket. If you have a judgment, you're in the judgment bucket. If you have 4 judgments, you stay in that bucket until the last one goes away. If you're relatively new to credit, you're in the short history bucket. And so forth. And there seems to be some overlap among these, but we don't really know what it is.

You might now find yourself in the older-than-dirt bucket. And if the rest of your history is pretty short, you will find yourself compared with others who have had credit for 25 years, and their average history is 14 years, and there you are, in diapers and shaving at the same time. (FICO looks at both your average and your longest history.)

I don't know what your current bucket is now, so no way to guess, but even if there's an initial score drop, you now have the potential for your scores to grow a lot higher. And many people get upset at these things, but I figure that if it weren't for buckets, we'd all be mired in the 400's and 500's, waiting on psychic and MidnightVoice and others to go off to that big Credit Bureau in the Sky, so that we could move up.

When I added an AU card and went from 12 years oldest to 18, there was around a two-week delay before the rebucketing notice.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 18 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Morning All

Just went on the Amex website, says i am a member since 1984

LOL

Cant wait till it updates in the CRA

FYI

The old card is much sexier then the new card, it is much more detailed

Message 19 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great - now you have been a member since I was 12 !!!!!!!!!!

ohboy wrote:
Good Morning All

Just went on the Amex website, says i am a member since 1984

LOL

Cant wait till it updates in the CRA

FYI

The old card is much sexier then the new card, it is much more detailed

Message 20 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.