Not applicable

Re: OLD AMEX GOLD

lol

i was 22 then, very carless with CC

Message 21 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool, I'm gonna try reopening my college card.

I appllied for it in 1998 and cancelled in 2000 because their slogan at that time was "Don't leave home without it."
Well, I left home with ONLY the AMEX. I went shopping and the 2 stores I went to did not accept AMEX. Embarrassed for holding the line and angry, I went home and cancelled the card.

If I can get it back, I'd have a 10 year history vs. 5 years right now on my credit report.
Message 22 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Solarjuju wrote:

I appllied for it in 1998 and cancelled in 2000 because their slogan at that time was "Don't leave home without it."
Well, I left home with ONLY the AMEX. I went shopping and the 2 stores I went to did not accept AMEX. Embarrassed for holding the line and angry, I went home and cancelled the card.

If I can get it back, I'd have a 10 year history vs. 5 years right now on my credit report.

Just to clarify, you won't be able to open your old card, but if you can prove the existence of your old card, then your new and current cards should report with the same open date as the old one.  The old account itself, though, is gone for good.

Message 23 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

cheddar wrote:

Solarjuju wrote:

Just to clarify, you won't be able to open your old card, but if you can prove the existence of your old card, then your new and current cards should report with the same open date as the old one.  The old account itself, though, is gone for good.

I think I shredded all my statements.  I found the card while cleaning out my draws the other day...lol
I've kept all my past credit cards, donno why but I will be glad I did if this goes through.
Message 24 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

hello solar

thats all you need copy both cards and fax to them

make sure all is very clear

gl

PS lol you have a junk drawer also, my card was wat down all i did was flip it and card was on top of the pile

by the way pile is still on the floor

Message Edited by ohboy on 06-20-2008 09:16 AM
Message 25 of 57
zeek69
Valued Member

Can Amex retrieve card holder information from over 15 years ago or more. Not sure if I kept my old Amex from 1991.
Message 26 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

PS lol you have a junk drawer also, my card was wat down all i did was flip it and card was on top of the pile

Yeah... and some of the stuff that was found in the drawer makes me wonder, how and why on earth did I get that.

But like you said... "wish I was young again", then you kind of get into the silly mood that takes you back to the time where all this junk you kept actually mattered to you and again you find it difficult to get rid of them. This "treasure - junk" then gets thrown back into the junk drawers not to be opened for another decade - and the cycle is repeated. Smiley Wink
Message 27 of 57
ficonovice
Frequent Contributor

They had mine going back to 1989...
Rust never sleeps and neither does my fico score...
Message 28 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

I even found my old sears card

the white rectangle one,  that didnt fit inside a wallet

but now i am an amex member since 1984, they sill didnt update my cr

omg i found my old signet bank card and aspire that is junk

also found pictures of my old gf, mmmm have to hide those

lol

I do love my new old Amex Green now CC

Message 29 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

may i ask what are your scores?
Message 30 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.