Did you mean: 

OLD AMEX GOLD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: OLD AMEX GOLD

Hi

DW had a Amex Blue Student card when she was in her Masters in 2003
becoz of some financial probs she missed couple of payments and account was closed & PIF.

Can we open it(old)/new cc without losing old history. It went for Collection but DW paid to Amex not to the Collection agency.

***We have the old Amex CC with us now.****

Thanks
Message 31 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI-ALL - remember you are not opening up your old account, You must either have a current account open or open a net new account with Amex. Then if they do not find the history in their system you would need to fax/mail them copies of the actual CC for verification. They will then edit you account history and if necessary offer to send out an updated card with the newly edited Member since date on it.
Message 32 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi scoreup

so do we need to open an account with them before this process takes place or can I talk to them to open a new cc with old cc history ?

Thanks

Edit by cheddar: Insignificant.  I did not change the content of this post.

Message Edited by cheddar on 06-20-2008 12:51 PM
Message 33 of 57
gary4872
Regular Contributor

HI-ALL wrote:
hi scoreup

so do we need to open an account with them before this process takes place or can I talk to them to open a new cc with old cc history ?

Thanks

You open a new account. You will not have the "old history" per se, but your new card will report as though it had been opened the year your old card was opened and with a clean history.

Edit by cheddar: Content was not modified.

Message Edited by cheddar on 06-20-2008 12:52 PM
Message 34 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey gary

Thanks for ur info.

Have a nice weekend

Message Edited by HI-ALL on 06-20-2008 04:22 PM
Message 35 of 57
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

cheddar (or anyone else), does this mean that even if the old card got ugly at some point, as long as you paid it off entirely, you can get the history with a new card?

I'm surprised to hear this, because on the Oasis threads, I thought I had read that if you owed them, you could sneak back in via Oasis, but if you had PIF'd, they wouldn't bother to take you back, since there was nothing in it for them, and you were blacklisted.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 36 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Hauling

As i did understand I was a member at 1984 Green Amex  wnt bad but paid

I applied last month to get new Green Amex Recieved it, I cleaning out a tin box found my old

statements called Amex they told me that was not enough, I new card was in my junk drawer

Fliped box seen card , called and i faxed them a copy, now it says on the webpages of my account

member since 1984, and they will give me the history since 1984 on th CRA, for my new opld account

they did not give me the old number, but they will give me the history,

It will be about 7 to 10 days when they update, i will keep you guys posted when reported

I guess they do give u the history even if it did get ugly at one piont,  by the way im happy

my Green Amex now will say member since 1984,

But my only problem is i still have that pile of junk on the floor, i have to put the drawer away, lol help

Message 37 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI- All

Give them a call before you aply

my score for ex was 702 last month, i have a few new accounts so now i dont know wat my score is am going to pull as soon as they post them, have the TU thingy

Message 38 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

haulingthescoreup wrote:
cheddar (or anyone else), does this mean that even if the old card got ugly at some point, as long as you paid it off entirely, you can get the history with a new card?

I'm surprised to hear this, because on the Oasis threads, I thought I had read that if you owed them, you could sneak back in via Oasis, but if you had PIF'd, they wouldn't bother to take you back, since there was nothing in it for them, and you were blacklisted.

I don't think they blacklist for life as long as your old bad account has been PIF.  Cardholders who have PIF their old bad accounts are not eligible for Oasis, but they are not necessarily precluded from getting another Amex card at some point in the future.

Message 39 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes iI did go bad on them but paid them

never applied or ever thought of appliing with Amex cuase i thought they hated me

last year I applied for the Delta and HHonors, always PIF,

Last month I Applied for the Green Amex Charge, afterwords i found my old statements, then the card

After reading a few post about Amex giving history from the first member thats when i called and was very happy

still no alerts from the CRA about the accounts being posted

but will let you all know when i gets alerts

thank you all

Message 40 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.