cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OLD NAVY VISA UPGRADE-ANY RECENT EXPERIENCE?

tag
khw
Regular Contributor

Re: OLD NAVY VISA UPGRADE-ANY RECENT EXPERIENCE?

@rom828 wrote:

Still reporting as 2 accounts!   AAARRRGGGHHHHH!! Smiley Mad

I've actually disputed a few days ago  with the CRAs to see if I get any different result, but I'm not hopeful.  I fully expect ON to confirm the reporting as correct, but i thought I'd give it a shot anyway.

I'll post back with results!!

Ugh! These people are driving me nuts! ......I hadn't thought of disputing it, let me know how that turns out! Good luck!

Starting Score: 480-550 in 2005
Current Score: 761 TU/764 EQ - 08/1/2013 /754 EX 12/15/12
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 34
rom828
Established Contributor

Well, khw, not looking good  so far.....

Yesterday I received results  of EX 's   'investigation' (I use that term loosely!!) and the 04-10 open date stands!  Gee, what a surprise! Smiley Very Happy

TU and EQ disputes are still pending, though I'm expecting the same outcome.

Once I get the other  dispute results back, I plan to call and  write  Old Navy, although not giving that much hope either.   

But, I  intend  to exhaust all efforts, not only because it's affecting my AAoA; it's a matter of principle.  I was told (several times!!) it would report with the same open date and history as the store card, and that's how I expect it to report!!    

FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 22 of 34
khw
Regular Contributor

I'm sorry to hear that! I'm so sick of dealing with them, I checked my credit reports last night and of course its still showing up as two accounts, then just now I got a letter in the mail from them in reply to the letter I sent a month ago that said I wasn't clear on what the problem I'm having is! WTH! I gave them every detail and even names and dates of the people I talked to! So they sent me a form letter asking for more detail and they will look into it (yeah right!) So I'm working on another letter that a kindergardener could understand and I'll send that off monday with my fingers crossed!  

I feel the same way about the principle of the fact that we were both told by more then one person that this wouldn't happen, so I'll send them letters and make calls and emails until I'm blue in the face! ..The only negative factor on my fico score as of right now is listed as AAoA, so I'm not giving up on this, they need to keep their word and not lie to people! 

Message 23 of 34
rom828
Established Contributor

Well, two out of three of the disputes are in....

Surprise, surprise.....Equifax's investigation results indicate the account is reporting correctly as a separate account  with a 4-10 open date!!  Smiley Sad

This would not be nearly  so maddening if we'd not been told otherwise by the creditor!  Smiley Mad

Still need to get the TU results, which I'm sure will be  the same, then I guess I'll start my letter writing/calling campaign to try to get this to report the way I was told that it would.

I actually felt a little encouraged  by the length of time it was taking to receive result of the disputes.  I was so hoping that maybe it meant someone was actually doing a little research and would get the reporting corrected. 

Message 24 of 34
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

It's pretty obvious that Experian doesn't bother to investigate disputes. They just blandly reply that they checked, and everything's just fine.

Eejits... Smiley Mad

edit:  oops, I'm the eejit! Smiley Very Happy You wrote that it was Equifax, not Experian. More coffee...

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 25 of 34
rom828
Established Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

It's pretty obvious that Experian doesn't bother to investigate disputes. They just blandly reply that they checked, and everything's just fine.

Eejits... Smiley Mad

edit:  oops, I'm the eejit! Smiley Very Happy You wrote that it was Equifax, not Experian. More coffee...

You're not an eejit, hauling!!    You're my forum  hero!! Smiley Happy

But I don't think it matters if it's Experian OR Equifax.......to use your words: it's pretty obvious that _________(insert CB name) doesn't bother to investigate!!"

Though they faked me out this time, taking so long to return results.  I actually thought  a real investigation might take place, which makes me the eejit!!Smiley Very Happy

Message 26 of 34
rom828
Established Contributor

Well,  just got TUs results..and can you believe it.....they say it's been updated.......and that it's reporting correctly.  You can imagine my surprise!Smiley Tongue

Guess EX and TU took so long becuase they wanted it to appear that the account was actually being investigated!Smiley Very Happy

BUT,  In reality, I do believe they investigated and I do believe Old Navy did not tell me the truth when they first  advised this new Visa would not report as a new card...and then after it DID report as a new card,  they did not teel the truth when they advised me they were sending a letter to the CRAs to correct the reporting.

And it may be theCSRs  with whom I spoke are under the impression that the reporting would indeed  be as they originally said it would and the Old navy powers-that-be haven't advised them otherwise.

Anyway, this is a crazy work week for me, but I'll try to find time to call and write Old Navy.   I've got to know that I did all I could!

Message 27 of 34
khw
Regular Contributor

@rom828 wrote:

Well,  just got TUs results..and can you believe it.....they say it's been updated.......and that it's reporting correctly.  You can imagine my surprise!Smiley Tongue

Guess EX and TU took so long becuase they wanted it to appear that the account was actually being investigated!Smiley Very Happy

BUT,  In reality, I do believe they investigated and I do believe Old Navy did not tell me the truth when they first  advised this new Visa would not report as a new card...and then after it DID report as a new card,  they did not teel the truth when they advised me they were sending a letter to the CRAs to correct the reporting.

And it may be theCSRs  with whom I spoke are under the impression that the reporting would indeed  be as they originally said it would and the Old navy powers-that-be haven't advised them otherwise.

Anyway, this is a crazy work week for me, but I'll try to find time to call and write Old Navy.   I've got to know that I did all I could!

I know big surprise it came back correct right? lol! I swear these people are impossible! I haven't heard back from my latest letter but they took almost a month last time so I'm sure it will be the same this time.. You are so right about doing all you could, if we lose this fight we know we gave it our all! haha! Good luck with your letter and I'll let you know as soon as I hear back Smiley Happy

Message 28 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

how long did you have your store card before they upgraded it to the visa

Message 29 of 34
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

how long did you have your store card before they upgraded it to the visa

Just wanted to point out that the most recent post before yours was made over a year ago. Smiley Happy

Hope you get a reply, though.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.