Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG BARCLAYS APPROVAL!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: OMG BARCLAYS APPROVAL!!

What type of questions was asked? I applied 6 months ago, plain to apply again next year (Q1).

Only because I plain to buy a new desktop and laptop (Both are 4 years old), and I rather split the payments into 4 instead of 1 with there finance deal.

Message 11 of 21
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@pazuzu wrote:

Can anyone guess why so many consumers get instant declines then get recon approvals?

Barclays has the system set very sensitive to util and inq is why I feel everyone gets declined.

Back when they were issuing the Bank Atlantic Business card, My mom was instantly approved for 20k, my dad who had more debt but a higher score got instantly denied.

and recon seem to depend on the underwriter you get and how they view credit

Message 12 of 21
2DOORIMPALA
Established Member

I just hope they are BSing me around with the credit limit and CLD it in a few weeks like i hear they like to do.

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 594
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 21
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I actually have not heard of Barclays CLD since at least last year in the credit crunch.

Message 14 of 21
2DOORIMPALA
Established Member

thats good. I noticed all those threads were older were people were complaining about that.

Message 15 of 21
GTOflyer

@Gibran wrote:

Congrats!!

I agree Barclay's are very good on recons, I app'd for the travelocity amex and got denied, called the backdoor number, spoke with a credit analyst, and was then approved afteransewring a few questions..

What kind of questions do they usually ask during a recon call?

Message 16 of 21
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@GTOflyer wrote:

@Gibran wrote:

Congrats!!

I agree Barclay's are very good on recons, I app'd for the travelocity amex and got denied, called the backdoor number, spoke with a credit analyst, and was then approved afteransewring a few questions..

what you make

rent payment

why so many inq

why so much debt

plans for this card

it kind of depends what's on your credit report, what they are going to want to question you about.

Message 17 of 21
Datx
Valued Contributor

@GTOflyer wrote:

I guess it just depends on what you have on your credit report and which credit analyst you get. I was asked about my BOA account and why I let it go to collections and charge off before I paid it off. Then what amount I was looking to spend with Apple (My app was for the Apple Financing Visa card) and how do I intend to pay the amount back. Asked for income info, what I did for a living and etc. How long I been employed for.  And that was about it. He saw that I had also a 5K CC from NFCU and said he is going to approve me.

Im not going to lie, I was nervous when I called. It was the first time I ever called for a recon and the guy I spoke to was nice and professional. He made it easy for me to talk to him about some of the credit issues I had in the past and was able to get me approved.

Message 18 of 21
2DOORIMPALA
Established Member

I didnt let her ask any questions except one. She asked how much i try and pay on my credit cards. I said at least double the minium payment. I told her about my inq and high util. She was very friendly.

Message 19 of 21
MrShush
Valued Contributor

When I called recon, it was only for a CLI upon activation, but I told them I may want to take advantage of a balance transfer and they confirmed HHI and occupation and then granted the CLI

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.