Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG!! BT NIGHTMARE!!

tag
Trishco
Frequent Contributor

OMG!! BT NIGHTMARE!!

I had initiated  a BT @ 0% on my 123 Rewards card online.  Upon confirmation it showed the account number as belonging to Capital One!  Ummm no!  It is my WaMu VS account.  So I immediately call RSB customer service to cancel the transfer and to confirm that I can use my BT check at the 0%.  All was cancelled and confirmed.  Or so I thought!  This was on Tuesday.

I log on to my 123 acct and cannot access anything because of the "condition of my account" I  can only view recent transactions.  Upon viewing I learned:
1.  They complete the supposed cancelled BT after my BT check cleared.  This put me waaaayyyyy over the limit which I don't understand why they would complete it anyways!
2.  They charge another BT fee.

Upon escalating the call to a supervisor, they are requesting a stop payment on the 2000.00 to Capital One acct.  I have a Capital One MC with a 0 balance
They will also credit back the fees of course.  So I have to call back Wednesday to confirm that it is all cleared up. 

I'm going to be a nervous wreck about this til it's cleared up because they will report to cb's within next 10-12 days according to my TC reports.  Arghhhh!!!

An over the limit notation will send all my hard work down the drain!

*deepbreath*  I'm so thankful I have all of you to relate this too as only my 13 yr old son is home and he is NOT about to understand! 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: OMG!! BT NIGHTMARE!!

I think it will all work out-

EXCEPT - WAMU might rate jack you for this

edit: OK, so somehow I posted on Timothy's post. Smiley Tongue

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 05-31-2008 11:52 AM
Message 2 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
I think it will all work out-

EXCEPT - WAMU might rate jack you for this

For THEIR error? How charming! Smiley Tongue

edit to add: sorry, I misread the post. But still....

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 05-31-2008 11:52 AM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 6
Trishco
Frequent Contributor

Well I hope not!  The BT check I used instead of the online transfer, I still paid WaMu down to 0.  After that transaction was posted on my WaMu account, I charged a large construction purchase and it all went through smoothly so far!

Are you saying you think they might rate jack me if the over the limit notation appears on my cr if its not cleared up beforehand?

Message 4 of 6
Trishco
Frequent Contributor

Would you believe that as of 10:00 am cst the *stop payment* still had NOT been initiated correctly by the csr I spoke with on Saturday????

Speaking to the supervisor got me nowhere except that she will initiate the stop payment and email the accounting dept at Cap One.  She doubts that it will be corrected before my statement cuts!  She even wondered if it would help if I called them?????

Needless to say, other than the 2k bt that they screwed up on, this account will be paid down to zilch ASAP and sock drawered if not closed!!

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

This sounds like soooo much fun.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.