Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG Citi :)

tag
selena
Contributor

OMG Citi :)

I was approved for Citi TYPremier just last month with a cl of 5.9k. I've only charged about $100 since. I also have the CSP but I'm trying to decided betwen the two as I don't plan on keeping both. I asked for a cli for a total of 8k (told the rep I would love 10k though) on CSP which started with 5k but I was told they could only approve me for an additional 1k so now I am 6k. I did the same for the TYP onilne and was sent an email saying my account was being reviewed and I would recieve an update in 24 hours. About 40 mins later I recieve an email saying I was approved for the full 10k!! This is my first card to break into the 10k+ range. I was wondering if Chase is one of the banks that would consider matching or no? If your curious about why I asked for the increase its for future spending as a plan a study abroad trip for next year and the extra padding is a plus.

As of March 2016:
Equifax 735
TransUnion 702
Experian 731
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: OMG Citi :)

@selena wrote:

I was approved for Citi TYPremier just last month with a cl of 5.9k. I've only charged about $100 since. I also have the CSP but I'm trying to decided betwen the two as I don't plan on keeping both. I asked for a cli for a total of 8k (told the rep I would love 10k though) on CSP which started with 5k but I was told they could only approve me for an additional 1k so now I am 6k. I did the same for the TYP onilne and was sent an email saying my account was being reviewed and I would recieve an update in 24 hours. About 40 mins later I recieve an email saying I was approved for the full 10k!! This is my first card to break into the 10k+ range. I was wondering if Chase is one of the banks that would consider matching or no? If your curious about why I asked for the increase its for future spending as a plan a study abroad trip for next year and the extra padding is a plus.

Not likely that Chase will match your Citi limit.  They're not big on CLIs or matching other limits.

Message 2 of 22
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

always ask for $25k!

Message 3 of 22
selena
Contributor

Oh ok thanks.

As of March 2016:
Equifax 735
TransUnion 702
Experian 731
Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the first 10k! 

Chase is it's own animal as Irish said. Unlikely they will match. 

Message 5 of 22
selena
Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

always ask for $25k!

I was being a scardy cat, didn't want to over do it.

As of March 2016:
Equifax 735
TransUnion 702
Experian 731
Message 6 of 22
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@selena wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

always ask for $25k!

I was being a scardy cat, didn't want to over do it.

they will counter.. congrats on 10 though, not to shabby!

Message 7 of 22
heyitsyeh
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! I will keep this in mind when trying to get a CLI on the Double Cash.

TU: 777 | EQ: 814 | EX: 764
Last INQ: 3/26/21
AAoA: 4y 7m
Lowest limit: Chase Freedom Visa - $13,000
Highest limit: Discover It - $56,500
Available credit: $200,600 (8 cards)
Message 8 of 22
selena
Contributor

Thanks for all the support. I've taken note of what some of the others here have done and instead of apping for new credit I'm trying to increase the current lines I already have.

As of March 2016:
Equifax 735
TransUnion 702
Experian 731
Message 9 of 22
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

They will never match the limit on a card that isn't over 6 months old imo. For best results if you were going to speak to an analyst and reason with them about matching, that account should be at least a year old with a strong payment history.

TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.